The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Mexican Super Markets

zataar

• Total Posts: 1440
Mexican Super Markets Tue, 08/16/05 9:16 AM (permalink)
Last week in Roeland Park KS, the Price Chopper supermarket chain opened a new Price Chopper catering to our ever growing Hispanic population. Roeland Park isn't predominantly Hispanic, but the location is within easy access of largely Hispanic neighborhoods. We live in KCMO, Roeland Park is 7 minutes away, so we went shopping at the Price Chopper this weekend. It was great and I'll be shopping there regularly. The produce was amazing and there is a tortillaria in the store. 3 dozen fresh corn tortillas were$1.79! We have always had small family run Mexican markets, which I will continue to shop at, but this is the first corporately owned supermarket here that is being marketed almost entirely to Hispanic people. Do any of you who live in areas outside of California have major grocery chains doing the same thing? And do you worry about small family run markets being negatively impacted by the supermercados?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com