The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Smoking?

chef joe

• Total Posts: 57
Smoking? Fri, 08/19/05 12:22 AM (permalink)
Hello Everyone, I just walked in the door from catering a dinner for 7 people, 4 adults and three teenagers. It was anniversary dinners for both couples. The menu they requested was - Chicken Satays with PNut Sauce & Sushi Tuna Platter for apps. Caeser Salad, Creamed Conch Chowder for starters, requested "Different" version of Surf & Turf for entree & Lemon Sponge Cake with Strawberries & Cream for dessert & I did a 5 seed crust bread with roasted Elephant Garlic. They had a real good time, enjoyed everything, had great champagne & wine, etc. To make the S&T different, I smoked a rack of Pork Ribs (14 b's) with some wood from a grapefruit tree that I had along with some Jumbo Pink Shrimps, grilled a few Hangar Steaks with sliced Portobello's, small Lobster tails with curried butter, home fries & sugar snaps with SD Toms. & Pine Nuts. The conversation turned to smoking game, the one guy tells me he smokes squirrels & rabbits I've done some smoking through the years, but I would think -(I may be wrong. I probably am)that squirrel & rabbit would be dry& tough if they were smoked. If not, please let me know, so I can get right on trying it out and what is the best method. I love squirrel in Brunswick Stew and Rabbit just about anyway it's prepared, would really like to try them smoked if it works. Thanks - Chef Joe!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com