Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Elise's San Antonio Report

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 39 of 39
EliseT

• Total Posts: 2849
RE: Elise's San Antonio Report Wed, 08/31/05 11:06 AM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by alesrus

Great report are you a travel agent? If not you should be I never thought I would want to go to San Antonio but now it is on the list!
Good pics too!

Thanks

I'm actually a Sign Language interpreter. I just love traveling, and I write these reports to share the fun with you all, and maybe give you a vicarious vacation, like I get from other Roadfooder's stories.

I was really pleasantly surprised by Texas. I probably wouldn't have gone there if not for business. I really didn't know what to expect. The people were friendly, down-to-earth and fun-loving. The weather was a little hot, but with wide, blue skies. And there were millions of little taco stands and burger joints I didn't have time to explore. Next time I think I'll try Austin for a vacation. That is supposed to be a very happening town.

Salustra

• Total Posts: 510
    RE: Elise's San Antonio Report Wed, 08/31/05 12:02 PM (permalink)
    Elise-what a fun read! and great pics. A mini-vacation here at my computer. Your report is as close as I care to get to those palmetto bugs, though. RE: Dick's Last Resort - there is one on 4th Ave. in downtown San Diego (just in case you feel the need to be abused a little closer to home...)

EliseT

RE: Elise's San Antonio Report Wed, 08/31/05 12:11 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Salustra

Elise-what a fun read! and great pics. A mini-vacation here at my computer. Your report is as close as I care to get to those palmetto bugs, though. RE: Dick's Last Resort - there is one on 4th Ave. in downtown San Diego (just in case you feel the need to be abused a little closer to home...)

Yeah, the bug thing is what keeps me from dreaming of tropical resorts.

You know, with a big roll of butcher paper, a little time, and I can crank out those hats at home while my ribs smoke.

I still think the funniest thing about that place is the balloon one of the children in that pic is holding unawares.

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
        RE: Elise's San Antonio Report Mon, 07/31/06 10:36 PM (permalink)
        Elise, that is a great report, with great pics as usual..
        What stimulating reading you provide!

EliseT

RE: Elise's San Antonio Report Mon, 07/31/06 11:52 PM (permalink)
          Thanks. That's an oldie. I didn't realize that by editing an entry to add a phone number I would be dredging it up.

If you use the SEARCH function you can read my other oldies. I think so far these are the other trip reports I have posted:

New Orleans (Short...no pics)
          New Orleans Mardi Gras
          Catalina
          Palm Springs/Desert Hot Springs
          Central California
          Europe

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
            RE: Elise's San Antonio Report Tue, 08/1/06 7:13 AM (permalink)
            Elise, thanks for bringing your report back up. It's refreshing to see real posts and I hope you continue to share your travels, those of us who are home bound appreciate it.

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1066
              RE: Elise's San Antonio Report Wed, 08/9/06 1:18 PM (permalink)
              That's for sharing with us.My sister and I tried the County Line on the River Walk once,but weren't impressed at all.We prefer Tom's Ribs on Nacodoches Road.
              Yeah the armidillo eggs are a take off on Little Hipps Shypoke eggs.In fact,I believe the cooks and waitstaff from Little Hipps work at the place the cabby took you too.

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1066
                RE: Elise's San Antonio Report Wed, 08/9/06 1:29 PM (permalink)
                Speaking of the Boot Sculpture at North Star Mall,last year a French couple got married in front to them.
                Alesrus,there are a lot of places to go here.The riverwalk,the various old spanish missions,which are still active churches, the Botanical garden,the zoo,several museums,etc.
                When we get plenty of water,in the springtime,you should see all the wildflowers.
                Yeah at River Center Mall the have the IMAX and another movie theatre plus the Comedy Club.
                I like Tomatillo's Mexican restaraunt on Broadway.Haven't been to Mi Tierra's.
                Austin is very happending especially 6th Street with all the bars and such.
                Lot's to do in Texas. The state puts out a book which used to be free which has in it all these different towns in Texas and the various attractions to be found in them.
                Lot of people go to New Braunfels,Tx up the road on I-35 to Austin for Schlittlerbahn Waterpark,it's been on the Travel Channel.
                There is also in San Antonio,Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Seaworld.

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                  RE: Elise's San Antonio Report Tue, 02/20/07 2:27 PM (permalink)
                  I just re-read your thread, and see where you mention "Dicks Last Resort".. There is one here in North Myrtle Beach.
                  They do mention in their ad's.."If you are easily offended, then don't come here"..
                  (*excerpt taken from a local review)
                  *Dicks Last Resort
                  American Restaurant in Barefoot Landing
                  Unique restaurant at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach with a unusual theme: The wait staff insults the guests, makes custom "hats" for each patron to wear, and generally keeps its diners laughing throughout their meal. Not suited for people without a healthy sense of humor

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                    Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com