The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef

markolenski

• Total Posts: 307
How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Tue, 08/30/05 11:45 PM (permalink)
I want to stop on my way to Maine and will have a car full of luggage I want to keep in sight.

markolenski

RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Tue, 08/30/05 11:48 PM (permalink)
    I forgot there was more than one. I will be stopping in Revere. I will be staying in Danvers for one night should I just go to that one instead, is there a difference?

Lucky Bishop

• Total Posts: 1049
      RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Wed, 08/31/05 1:00 AM (permalink)
      I go to the one in Danvers primarily because it has ample and ready parking (it's that rarity in the metro Boston area, a restaurant with its own parking lot). Plus, being right on Rt. 1, it couldn't be easier. There's no real difference other than ambience, so just go to the one in Danvers.

Jimeats

• Total Posts: 3175
        RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Wed, 08/31/05 5:02 AM (permalink)
        Mark, If you staying in Danvers I strongly recormmend that you try to go to the Century House on Rt#114 the food the is wonderful try to sit out back in the tavern side great specials and you get a lot of bang for your buck. As for Kelly's in Danvers its alright but has the ambeiance of a fancy McDs for the real experience go to the Beach,parking isn't bad just have to look a little. Just when you go to the beach beware of our flying beach patrol sea gulls. Chow Jim

acornlover

RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Wed, 08/31/05 11:00 AM (permalink)
          I think Kelly's in Danvers is off Rt 128 near the Liberty Tree Mall, there is plenty of parking there, the Rt 1 location is in Saugus with a lot of parking too but Rt 1 is not a fun road (come to think of it neither is Rt 128). Where in Danvers will you be staying?

KB

markolenski

RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Wed, 08/31/05 11:18 AM (permalink)
            Sheraton Ferncroft Resort
            50 Ferncroft Road Danvers
            how about nicks is it a better choice?

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6228
              RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Wed, 08/31/05 9:05 PM (permalink)
              Oh shucks, go to the original one in Revere........sit on the beach and enjoy your clams or roast beef or whatevah!

Jimeats

RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Thu, 09/1/05 8:35 AM (permalink)
                Mark, you might like to try The Causeway Rest.in Glouster on Rt.#133 right across from the Cape Ann Marina the seafood there is incredible some of the best I've had in recent memory.Their Italian dishes are also very good. Enjoy your trip. Chow Jim

acornlover

RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Thu, 09/1/05 5:37 PM (permalink)
                  I like Nicks better than Kelly's although I like Kellys too. The Ferncroft is kinda in the middle of both Saugus and Dnavers Kelly's and Nicks in North Beverly. It is on Rt 1 (95) so if you go Rt 1 south (towards Boston), the Saugus Kelly's is on your right. To get to the Danvers Kelly's and Nicks you have to get onto Rt 128 north and for Nick's take the Hamilton exit (Rt 1a) and Nicks is in a strip mall up on the right after 2 ? traffic lights- not too much parking though...

littletaco

• Total Posts: 2
                    RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Thu, 09/1/05 7:19 PM (permalink)
                    If it's clams ye be seekin', be aware that Kelly's are non-native. Woodman's clams are from Essex beds and The Clam Box's from Ipswich.
                    The Causeway on Essex Ave./Rt. 133 is a favorite of Gloucester natives... so you know it's good.

markolenski

RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Thu, 09/1/05 7:27 PM (permalink)
                      For me it's Roast Beef my wife will have clams. She will hit Woodmans and Clam Box for dinner and lunch the next day. Thanks.

Jimeats

RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Thu, 09/1/05 8:25 PM (permalink)
                        Mark, What are the dates of your trip there are some very good fairs in this area with some good eats if the timeing is right might recormend a couple. Chow Jim

markolenski

RE: How is the parking around Kellys Roast Beef Thu, 09/1/05 11:28 PM (permalink)
                          Just the 15th and 16th of September. Then we go to Maine for a week to the Samoset Resort.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com