Mini Trip Report - Petes Hot Dogs in Newburgh NY

Author
Benzee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1876
2005/09/04 12:52:20 (permalink)

Mini Trip Report - Petes Hot Dogs in Newburgh NY

Hello all ,

For my 100th post on the forum , I will give you my trip report from Petes Hot Dogs in Newburgh .

The small establishment is located right off Rt. 9 w a few blocks south of Broadway .
Minimal parking on site , but street parking avaialble in front of . Signs posted state 15 minutes only .

The interior has a few small two chair tables and a few stools at the counter to the left of the ordering station .

I visited on two consecutive Wednsdays recently and found two vastly different experiences.

I ordered the same for both visits . a #1 , #3 ,#5 .

Number #1 is mustard and kraut
Number #3 is mustard and chili sauce
Number #5 is mustard and Raw onions

First visit I arrived during a very busy lunch hour . 12:30pm .
Line was almost out the door , with emts, suits and ties and mechanics all patiently awaiting to order .

One counter man , older gentleman taking orders , with two younger twenty somethings making the dogs to order.

After about a ten minute wait with ten people in front of me , which I considered to be very quick considering the crowd , I ordered.

I exited with the dogs to my vehicle as I wanted to take some notes , and did not want any undue influences from the establishment .
This from a long ago past experience while in college , of a restaurant owner looking to change a review I was preparing for my local college paper.

Anyway , as this was my first visit in years to Petes , I did not know what to expect . I was hoping for a great three dogs .

The dog itself was tasty , but the toppings were not what I expected .

All three you could not taste the mustard , minimal kraut on #1 , and chili sauce nearly non existent on #3 .
Best out of three was #5 where the raw onions saved the day .

Now I should have followed the roadfooders advice and had one plain , but I did taste a great dog under the weak toppings .

My overall visit was fair , I wanted to chalk it up to a very busy lunch time crowd , a second visit would confirm a great experience was had the second time .

I will continue with the second visit in the coming days .

Benzee

12 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1