Tugi

Author
Born in OKC
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 428
2005/09/20 03:05:36 (permalink)

Tugi

Joe Torre managed the Atlanta baseball club for a season or so years ago. While doing so he hooked up with a man named Tugi who operated a sandwich shop on Cambelton Road in SW Atlanta. The shop was on the left side of the road as you drove towards Greenbriar Mall. Tugi was a real eye opener for me. He had the best subs, heros, hoagies, call them what you will I've eaten, ever. They were far better than the chain store product now available around Atlanta, including those which may have originated in NYC or Jersey.

And not only cold cuts. For me, he set the standard for a meatball sub and for what I now call Philly cheesesteaks. He said the little boneless ribeyes he used for the cheesesteaks were not otherwise used within five hundred miles of his business. Tugi simply had a great touch with sandwiches.

Joe Torre moved on and the named changed to "Tugi's Subs" or something like. Eventually the business failed. Tugi may have been taken ill, or that might have been a reason to bail out, I don't know. I do wonder if anyone else around Atlanta remembers Tugi's and perhaps has some idea of what happened to him?

This business of two pieces of bread and a filling is way to broad for me to pick one only as a fav. I'll come back with some more comments later.

2 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1