The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Minnesota Fried Walleye Sandwich

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6227
Minnesota Fried Walleye Sandwich Mon, 09/26/05 9:41 PM (permalink)
The Walleye is Minnesota's state fish and the Fried Walleye sandwich is the represented sandwich for Minnesota in the "AMERICAN SANDWICH" book by Becky Mercuri. No bar or pub in Minnesota serving food dare not have the Walleye sandwich on its menu. It is typically prepared with a cracker or bread crumb batter, deep fried and served on a hoagie type bun with shredded lettuce and tartar sauce. I know Wisconsin shares in this delectable treat. Once you move south the main equivalent fare in bars, pubs and restaurants becomes something else like the pork tenderloin sandwich in Indiana.

My pursuits start close to home. The best I tasted so far was at the Narrows Saloon in Navarre (Orono), Minnesota located in the midst of Lake Minnetonka two miles away from my home. What I like about their "Habanero Crusted Walleye Sandwich" is their slightly jalapeno flavored tartar sauce. Now the pursuit is on to find the ultimate Walleye sandwich. This should be fun and a lot less difficult than finding a pork tenderloin sandwich in Minnesota.

So how far does a true fried Walleye sandwich range? I have to believe Michigan and northern Ohio share as well.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com