The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics??

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Mon, 10/10/05 1:46 AM (permalink)
Hi everyone,
please help me! I am trying to figure out how to attach these great pics I took of my fellow roadfooders on our infamous hot dog tour Sept. 17th....

I know how to attach a pic to an e-mail, but I don't know how to attach them to these forum posts...

thanks,
ellen

Extreme Glow

RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Mon, 10/10/05 8:38 AM (permalink)
    You can't place photos in your post unless you are a paid member. However, you can link to your photo if you have already placed them somewhere on the web. I would recommend getting an account at flickr.com, which is free. Once the photos are posted there, you can link to them here and they will appear. Or, you can get a Roadfood paid membership.

ellen4641

RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Mon, 10/10/05 8:50 AM (permalink)
      thanks, extreme glow, I had a feeling I had to get an official roadfood membership.......that's probably what I'll do. That $19.95 a year thing, right?

I do have my pics on the web under "my documents", so like you said, I can probably provide a link for them. But with the roadfood membership, people can look at the pics more easily and directly .
      And you guys are mostly all so cool that I don't want to make you work too hard to look at my pics!

thanks,
      ellen in nj

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
        RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Mon, 10/10/05 9:03 AM (permalink)
        You can also post a picture like I did by joining Photobucket (Free at http://www.photobucket.com/ ), but the pictures will turn out to be a small size (see my post at http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9807 ) Photobucket gives you all the instructions on how to post a picture on a message board after you join.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
          RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Mon, 10/10/05 9:04 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by ellen4641

thanks, extreme glow, I had a feeling I had to get an official roadfood membership.......that's probably what I'll do. That $19.95 a year thing, right?

I do have my pics on the web under "my documents", so like you said, I can probably provide a link for them. But with the roadfood membership, people can look at the pics more easily and directly .
          And you guys are mostly all so cool that I don't want to make you work too hard to look at my pics!

thanks,
          ellen in nj

Flickr.com is FREE

http://www.flickr.com/

Copperhedzkettle

• Total Posts: 293
            RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Mon, 10/10/05 12:01 PM (permalink)

I post my photos directly onto the forums, am not a member (EEKS, what a cheapscape! , no seriously, I'm not a "joiner"), and my photos aren't small. I use Photobucket, its free too.

Copper

ellen4641

RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Mon, 10/10/05 1:47 PM (permalink)
              thanks for the tips, guys. I'll try them...

ellen

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Tue, 06/13/06 6:02 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Copperhedzkettle

I post my photos directly onto the forums, am not a member (EEKS, what a cheapscape! , no seriously, I'm not a "joiner"), and my photos aren't small. I use Photobucket, its free too.

Copper

I've managed to get into Photobucket and transfer from my computer to it, now what? How do I get them to where I want them to be? Remember, I usually require the services of my nine-year-old grandson when I’m within striking distance of a computer. I was going to email but I suspect others would appreciate some help as well.

Thank you,

John

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                  RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Tue, 06/13/06 6:32 PM (permalink)
                  Imageshack is the way to go IMHO.. that is how I post my photos...

BhamBabe

• Total Posts: 879
                    RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Wed, 06/14/06 2:39 PM (permalink)
                    quote:

I've managed to get into Photobucket and transfer from my computer to it, now what? How do I get them to where I want them to be? Remember, I usually require the services of my nine-year-old grandson when I’m within striking distance of a computer. I was going to email but I suspect others would appreciate some help as well.

Thank you,

John

It's best to have two windows open to do this, photobucket in one and here in the other.

When the photo page is up there are two links under the pic. One starts with a herf and one with img. You want the img link. Click once in the box and it should highlight, do ctrl C to copy, in your window with the forum up and ready click in the reply window and do ctrl V to paste where you want.

Or you can highlight, right click-copy, then come here and right click-paste, whichever is easiest for you.

Both imageshack and photobucket resize your pics to a managable size.

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                      RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Wed, 06/14/06 5:07 PM (permalink)
                      To post the photo of the burger on the home page of RF today, all I did was right click on the pic, clicked properties, and highlighted the link and click the little picture icon on the post screen, next to the # sign, and inserted the link in between the 2 image brackets....
                      Now, if it stays there, I have no clue, sometimes they disappear and show a red x...
                      But normally I use Imageshack to host all photos.

ellen4641

RE: how do I post my "NJ hot dog tour" pics?? Thu, 06/15/06 11:34 PM (permalink)
                        good updates, gang......

As I got lucky and "figured it out" that one night 6 months ago, but I am rusty again!

I need more practice, repititvely so it gets reinforced!!

(cause I thrive on taking pics of my roadfood, and would love to share more!)

Glad you opened up this topic again, John A...

Ellen in NJ

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com