Zanesville, Ohio

Author
Marc4022
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 41
2005/11/07 10:17:38 (permalink)

Zanesville, Ohio

Ok, folks, don't laugh. There really is a good seafood place in Z-ville. Phil's Seafood down on Linden.

Huge Alaskan king crab legs. I love crab legs but normally find that eating them is not worth the effort. NOT at Phil's. The effort is rewarded by ample portions of crab meat that, handled correctly, slides right out of the shell.

Most menu items are in the $15-20 range. Crab legs, low $20s. Lobster is seasonally priced if memory serves.

Underwood exit off I-70. Go North around the bend. Turn right on Linden...it's down about a half mile on the left. No reservations, standing room only on weekends. It's about 5 minutes off the interstate.

(Used to be heavy, smoke-filled bar atmosphere, but I think Ohio passed a law outlawing smoking in public places cuz I was there a few weeks ago in October and the air was clear.)

For desert, simply go the opposite way on Linden to Tom's Ice Cream Bowl...a local favorite for years. My parents went on a date there many moons ago, before I was born...and I'm 47. Good old timey ice cream favorites, sandwich menu, very reasonable prices.

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1