The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Getting it fresh at Kellys Roast Beef

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1910
Getting it fresh at Kellys Roast Beef Tue, 11/15/05 10:53 AM (permalink)
Locally famous Kelly's Roast Beef has a branch in the Jordan's Furnature store. My brother was there over the weekend to see an IMAX movie in the same building, and the went for a sandwich afterwards. He didn't think it was that great. My brother in law said everybody knows that the secret at Kellys is order "rare", so that they slice it "fresh". I'd have never thought to do that. Am I not right to expect that every sandwich served at a greatplace would be good???

RibDog

• Total Posts: 593
    RE: Getting it fresh at Kellys Roast Beef Tue, 11/15/05 10:59 AM (permalink)
    What town is this in?

John

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1910
      RE: Getting it fresh at Kellys Roast Beef Tue, 11/15/05 11:13 AM (permalink)
      Sorry, it (the original) is in Revere, Massachusetts....... The original one is listed in the RF book. The Jordans location is in Natick, I think.I made another mistake too. I should have put this in the sandwich forum, not Prime cuts.

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
        RE: Getting it fresh at Kellys Roast Beef Tue, 11/15/05 12:08 PM (permalink)
        Went to my first Jordan's furniture store, in Reading, MA.

Interesting place. Water show, IMAX theatre, jelly bean creatures, trapeze school and training, diner, a fuddruckers, and oh, yeah, they sell a boat load of furniture.

Had a great time.

Lucky Bishop

• Total Posts: 1049
          RE: Getting it fresh at Kellys Roast Beef Tue, 11/15/05 4:56 PM (permalink)
          It's fun to go to a Jordan's store, and I love their commercials, but frankly, I'm not that impressed with their furniture. Or with the Kelly's in the Natick location, which is nowhere near as good as any of the standalone Kelly's, and which turns out a pretty mediocre sandwich in comparison.

Looking forward to hitting the new Ikea in Stoughton when the crowds die down a little, though.

• Total Posts: 222
            RE: Getting it fresh at Kellys Roast Beef Tue, 11/15/05 5:59 PM (permalink)
            Geezzz, while in Stoughton see if the Towne Spa is still there. It was a local gin mill that served up 10" thin crust Portugese pizza and 55 cent Millers when I was in Collage up the road.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com