The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Grilled cream cheese and Strawberry jam

Paubaby

• Total Posts: 12
Grilled cream cheese and Strawberry jam Tue, 11/15/05 4:01 PM (permalink)
Anyone ever had this from Jerry's Famous Deli in Hollywood? We ordered it for my son and he didn't like it and I ended up eating it and LOVED it but have not been able to duplicate it quite right at home... sounds simple enough but I'm sure I did something wrong cause all the cream cheese melted right out Ideas or any other places that have these?

Lexi

• Total Posts: 248
    RE: Grilled cream cheese and Strawberry jam Tue, 11/15/05 4:38 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Paubaby

Anyone ever had this from Jerry's Famous Deli in Hollywood? We ordered it for my son and he didn't like it and I ended up eating it and LOVED it but have not been able to duplicate it quite right at home... sounds simple enough but I'm sure I did something wrong cause all the cream cheese melted right out Ideas or any other places that have these?

Try using really cold, solid cream cheese, not the whipped kind. You could even throw it in the freezer for a few minutes. The colder the cheese the longer it will stay intact while the bread grills.

Sounds tasty!

DavidEMartin

• Total Posts: 173
      RE: Grilled cream cheese and Strawberry jam Mon, 07/17/06 7:35 PM (permalink)
      I used to make something like this using a "Quicky-Pie" device, two circular cups that form a sandwich into a grilled, sealed saucer. You need something firmer than WonderBread-oids though.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com