The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Lemon Drop

Z66 Butch

• Total Posts: 198
The Lemon Drop Fri, 11/18/05 4:19 PM (permalink)
In Anderson Indiana we have a local hamburger joint called The Lemon Drop. It is a place right out of the 60's with a model train circling around overhead and 60's music blaring from the jukebox. The place was mostly supported by the GM factory workers that were around over the years. The factories are now gone but the Lemon Drop survived!

The owner does all of the cooking and it is a small place, reminds me of something like you would see along Route 66. He has strong opinions and will post them on his sign for all to see! If I knew how to post a picture I have a couple of his sign saved that I would share.

Now for the food, it is some of the best burgers and onion rings that you will ever eat! The Lemon Drop is famous for their onion burger and they still hand make them. It consists of two patties of beef smashed flat on the grill with chopped onions in between them and then grilled to perfection. Like french fries? They serve shoe string potatoes and you will get a plate full! Pies and milkshakes fill out the menu and when you pay your bill there is a dish of lemon drops setting right there by the cash register!

Here is a link to a story I found about The Lemon Drop online:

http://www.aml-p.com/lemondrop.asp

Butch

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
    RE: The Lemon Drop Fri, 11/18/05 4:59 PM (permalink)
    OK, first you have to have a home for your pictures. There are many free gallerys; Kodak, Walgreens, Fickr, Ifoto, etc. You register and follow their (usually) simple directions and upload your pictures to their site. Right click on your picture and choose properties, cut and paste that URL and come back here, chose the 5th icon from the right on the Format: line above the message box. It will have a little mountain with a moon (or sun) on it with a triangle on the left hand side; click on that and the words [img ][/img ] will show up in the message area.. Place your cursor between the [img ]_[/img ] and paste to insert the URL. Click on the preview panel below to inspect your handiwork. If all went well, you'll be rewarded with your picture.
    For example I went to your link and did the above on their picture on the page. I should mention that this works with any picture that's not copyright protected so always give credit to where you got your picture if its not yours. Obviously its best to use your own picture.

Z66 Butch

• Total Posts: 198
      RE: The Lemon Drop Fri, 11/18/05 6:13 PM (permalink)
      Thanks for the lesson! All of the other forums I am in have me spoiled....they will host the pictures for me!

Butch

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
        RE: The Lemon Drop Sat, 11/19/05 10:58 PM (permalink)
        What a classic sign that is.

gregsgoatfarm

• Total Posts: 52
          RE: The Lemon Drop Sat, 09/8/07 9:23 PM (permalink)
          My cousin waits tables there. Hoping to get there in the next couple weeks. Funny - I spent the first 22 years of my life in Anderson and never, ever stopped in.

Greg

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com