The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Milwaukee Trip report 1/14-1/15

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
Milwaukee Trip report 1/14-1/15 Mon, 01/16/06 1:02 PM (permalink)
Went with the family to Milwaukee for an overnight at the Hilton downtown. It has a water park, so we thought it would be a fun place to have a getaway from the Chicago suburbs with the kids.

We stopped at Solly's Grille for starters. The burger meat itself is just OK and the butter dripping everywhere makes for a neat experience, but tastewise, I would take the burger that we had at Kopp's Custard over it any day of the week. We had a great hot fudge malt at Kopp's, the fries were excellent and their butter burger was great as mentioned.

The highlight of the trip, however, was Zaffiro's pizza. Zaffiro's is a little bar with about 10 tables and serves the best thin-crust pizza that I have had. The crust is crispy and ultra-thin, and the sausage and pepperoni were excellent. There were about 30 people waiting there on Saturday night. Not particularly greasy, and a very enjoyable pizza, and my kids thought so as well. The only problem is that because it is so thin, it cools considerably in transit (I brought it back to the hotel)- it would be at its best when eaten at the restaurant.

Also stopped at the Bay Bakery, listed on this site. Nothing too exciting. Bay Bakery, Solly's and Kopps are all within about 2 miles of each other. If you're in the area, take a drive down 32 south through Whitefish Bay and Shorewood to see some gorgeous homes along the lakefront of Lake Michigan.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com