The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

New Jersey Trip Report 1/11-1/13

saps

• Total Posts: 1551
New Jersey Trip Report 1/11-1/13 Mon, 01/16/06 1:16 PM (permalink)
Went to NJ on business this past week. Stayed right where I-80 intersects the Garden State Parkway.

Not really roadfood, but ate at Goodfellas on 1/11 and LuNello's on 1/12. LuNello's was top notch (3rd time there, a favorite of a customer) and Goodfellas was decent, despite the cheesy name.

At Lunello's we had braised octopus in marinara, baccala, zucchini flowers and oysters. My entree, orrechiette with sausage and broccoli rabe on a garlic/olive oil was top notch, although the pasta could have been a bit more al dente. The menu is expansive and their must be about 15 specials per night. Attentive and fun service, a good all around place. It is in Totowa off of Union Blvd.

On 1/12, stopped at White Manna. Great place and atmosphere. Burgers are hot and juicy, like white castles if they were made with fresh ground beef. It's chaotic at lunch time, but the staff gets the orders right and you pay after you eat on the honor system. A must stop if you are in the area.

I'm heading back this week on Wednesday again and will be sure to stop at White Manna for lunch again.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com