The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Puerto Rican Food

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
Puerto Rican Food Thu, 06/5/03 7:06 PM (permalink)
I have a killer vintage cookbook from the late fifties describing "authentic" PR native cooking. Ah, what I would not do right now for a big plate of arroz con pollo, done right in the correct style. Lived in San Juan in the past for 3+ yrs., so I "think" I know a little about it. A road-food tour on the island would be exceptional. Talk about road food... Michael?

chef richard

• Total Posts: 7
    RE: Puerto Rican Food Sun, 06/8/03 8:53 AM (permalink)
    I plan to visit puerto rico in 2 weeks. going on a cruise out of san juan,then returning for 2 extra days on the island. plan to eat everything i can. we wil go to the race track, the rainforest and laquillo beach. we plan to search out roadfood type places and eat with the locals. my spanish is limited to kitchen lingo as i have worked in the kitchen all my life. i feel that i will be able to order from the menu but the rest of my spanish is not for public areas. locking forward to fun in PR. any sugestions would be apreicated, thanks.

Adjudicator

RE: Puerto Rican Food Mon, 06/9/03 9:20 PM (permalink)
      Explore the island. Stay away from the hotel restaurants. Spend some time on the island in search of street vendors. You will not find any of this in San Juan. I suggest U rent a car and explore the island. The island is about only 35 miles wide and about 100 miles long. Good island food is found in abundance with those who are not associated with the "tourista" industry. The most humble abode as perceived as a restaurant will most likely provide the most authentic meal. You will not be dissapointed.

Adjudicator

RE: Puerto Rican Food Mon, 06/9/03 9:24 PM (permalink)
        Explore the island. Stay away from the hotel restaurants. Spend some time on the island in search of street vendors. You will not find any of this in San Juan. I suggest U rent a car and explore the island. The island is about only 35 miles wide and about 100 miles long. Good island food is found in abundance with those who are not associated with the "tourista" industry. The most humble abode as perceived as a restaurant will most likely provide the most authentic meal. You will not be dissapointed.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com