The two places that best represent your town

Author
trudyn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 117
2006/02/06 21:18:25 (permalink)

The two places that best represent your town

Yesterday I made a few posts that might have been considered by some to be a lttle, errr, "flamboyantly angry". I would like to atone by starting what I hope will be a fun topic. I'd like to hear about the two eating places that best represent the essence of your town. In Portland Dan and Louie's oyster bar is an obvious choice. It has been owned by the same family for over a century. It is an oldtown classic with a decor of cluttered nautica, each room filled with plates and drawings featuring ships. Your major decision is whether to order a single or double portion. I strongly recommend the double. If it is available, marionberry pie makes an excellent dessert.
My other choice would be Kennedy School, a combination, hotel, restaurant, cigar bar, snd movie theater, located in a former Portland elementary school. The place serves superb microbrews and is one of several places in Portland to offer the opportunity to enjoy good beer and a movie. It is one of a number of places owned by the McMenamin brothers, two gents who have made a good living buying old buildings and renovating them into micropubs.

298 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1