The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

New Orleans's Future??

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 33 of 33
The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
RE: New Orleans's Future?? Thu, 03/2/06 6:50 PM (permalink)
Today's Doonesbury, for those who can let themselves find any kind of humor in this tragedy. Save the lectures, this is meant 100% tongue in cheek.

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
    RE: New Orleans's Future?? Wed, 03/8/06 9:33 AM (permalink)
    Not to be too creepy,but i'm interested in buying a two acre parcel near the city.Any leads or connections would be appreciated.Thanks!

lunasatic

• Total Posts: 283
      RE: New Orleans's Future?? Wed, 03/8/06 2:03 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by fpczyz

New Orleans will never be the same ....not even close to what it was before the storm..........
      The French Quarter will be well fortified to protect it from the river but the rest of the city and it's people are gone forever. The new New Orleans will take on a Disney Land atmosphere and nothing more then what my dear friend BT would label as a "Tourist Trap"
      I have and will live with my memories of what was................... I'm not going back.

I'm sorry to say that I'm with you. The New Orleans of my childhood summers was the streetcorner musicians; streetcorner domino & chess games; snow cones; wonderful music & cooking odors wafting out of bars I was too young to enter; watching the tourists and listening to all the odd accents and languages. I believe the New Orleans that is left will be a playground intended only for the wealthy. The heavy air that smelled of gumbo and swampwater now smells like sewage & dead bodies. The neighborhoods that housed the "service workers", the people that made the New Orleans of Mardi Gras possible, are now empty and the people themselves have for the most part moved on. We all mourn the loss of that way of life, as well as the loss of life itself. Our New Orleans is gone, and all the money in the government will not bring her back.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com