The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

 No taste bud's in Jacksonville?

Author Message
roossy90

  • Total Posts: 6695
  • Joined: 8/15/2005
  • Location: columbus, oh
No taste bud's in Jacksonville? Wed, 03/1/06 8:04 PM (permalink)
Furthur south and still on the interstate this morning, a billboard for Hardee's announced that "Hardee's Thickburger" is Voted #1 by the people in Jacksonville, Fl.
Geez.......
 
#1
    NebGuy

    • Total Posts: 875
    • Joined: 12/22/2005
    • Location: Colorado Springs
    RE: No taste bud's in Jacksonville? Thu, 03/2/06 9:28 AM (permalink)
    Keep Driving!!!
     
    #2
      Adjudicator

      • Total Posts: 5055
      • Joined: 5/20/2003
      • Location: Tallahassee, FL
      RE: No taste bud's in Jacksonville? Thu, 03/2/06 8:03 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by roossy90

      Furthur south and still on the interstate this morning, a billboard for Hardee's announced that "Hardee's Thickburger" is Voted #1 by the people in Jacksonville, Fl.
      Geez.......



      Give us Southerner's more credit than that... Those signs are everywhere. The only thing that changes is the name of the city/town that you are in/or near. All are bogus and paid for by guess who?
       
      #3
        dreamzpainter

        • Total Posts: 1609
        • Joined: 2/6/2005
        • Location: jacksonville, FL
        RE: No taste bud's in Jacksonville? Thu, 03/2/06 8:11 PM (permalink)
        I live in Jacksonville and I admit to voting Hardees thickburger the #1 Hardees thickburger! My FF burger choices are in order, Krystal (sackful)Wendy's (double x/cheese) Hardess (monster)McDonalds (50cent cheeseburger wensdays)
         
        #4
          roossy90

          • Total Posts: 6695
          • Joined: 8/15/2005
          • Location: columbus, oh
          RE: No taste bud's in Jacksonville? Fri, 03/3/06 12:56 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by NebGuy

          Keep Driving!!!


          I did! Drove to Cocoa Beach, dropped off a friend (my Uhaul driver), and drove back to SC the next morning. Thats when I saw the Quail Special on the marqius for a Shoneys in SC..LOL
           
          #5
            roossy90

            • Total Posts: 6695
            • Joined: 8/15/2005
            • Location: columbus, oh
            RE: No taste bud's in Jacksonville? Fri, 03/3/06 12:58 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by Adjudicator

            quote:
            Originally posted by roossy90

            Furthur south and still on the interstate this morning, a billboard for Hardee's announced that "Hardee's Thickburger" is Voted #1 by the people in Jacksonville, Fl.
            Geez.......



            Give us Southerner's more credit than that... Those signs are everywhere. The only thing that changes is the name of the city/town that you are in/or near. All are bogus and paid for by guess who?


            Ok, I give you credit Adjudicator!
            However, since I am in Hardees country now, I guess I should try one.
             
            #6
              Scorereader

              • Total Posts: 5546
              • Joined: 8/4/2005
              • Location: Crofton, MD
              RE: No taste bud's in Jacksonville? Fri, 03/3/06 1:30 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by roossy90

              quote:
              Originally posted by Adjudicator

              quote:
              Originally posted by roossy90

              Furthur south and still on the interstate this morning, a billboard for Hardee's announced that "Hardee's Thickburger" is Voted #1 by the people in Jacksonville, Fl.
              Geez.......



              Give us Southerner's more credit than that... Those signs are everywhere. The only thing that changes is the name of the city/town that you are in/or near. All are bogus and paid for by guess who?


              Ok, I give you credit Adjudicator!
              However, since I am in Hardees country now, I guess I should try one.


              I think you should reconsider. Don't give in to peer pressure. Stay away from the Hardees.
               
              #7
                mayor al

                • Total Posts: 15057
                • Joined: 8/20/2002
                • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                • Roadfood Insider
                RE: No taste bud's in Jacksonville? Fri, 03/3/06 1:55 PM (permalink)

                Here in Louisville, when Hardee's ran that AD campaign, they claimed to be #2 behind Gennie's Diner, Home of a very messy and large Cheeseburger and "Frickles" (fried pickle chips). That's the way the sign read..."We are proud to be #2 , right behind Gennie's Diner in the voting in Louisville". I think they got the #2 right, but not in the same context.
                 
                #8
                  Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

                  Jump to:

                  Current active users

                  There are 0 members and 2 guests.

                  Icon Legend and Permission

                  • New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

                  2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com