The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

teacher probed

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34
sizz

• Total Posts: 1682
RE: teacher probed Tue, 03/7/06 8:57 PM (permalink)
Pwingsx............. thanks for the KNOW.com link,
I listened to the interview and conclude that freeken teacher is nothing but a "Scum Bag"........... I would not have him teach a cockroach yet alone our beautiful young children.
How in gods name did he ever get a job as a teacher.

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
    RE: teacher probed Wed, 03/8/06 2:32 AM (permalink)
    You're so welcome, but it's KHOW.com, not KNOW.com.

And I guess, as a left wing liberal bleeding-heart, (might as well be hanged for a sheep as for a lamb), I can't quite agree with you on such a black/white conclusion.

I'm still somewhat ambiguous, but leaning toward firing the guy. But I'm not quite convinced on a philosophical level, but on a personal one, judging by the man himself. He isn't nearly as convincing or loquacious as he portrays himself. It's a shame. Twit. He had some points.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
      RE: teacher probed Wed, 03/8/06 4:51 AM (permalink)
      This is a restatement of somethiong I heard Jon Stewart say on The Daily Show about politicians. I am tired of hearing everybody making facile comparisons to Adolf Hitler. Hitler remains one of the primary historical embodiments of evil and to compare Bush the younger to him overstates Bush"s evil a millionfold and understates Hitler's evil by about the same amount. If the teacher had compared Bush"s actions to Richard Nixon and FDR, I would have had absolutely no problem but i think this comparison crosses a certain line.

Cosmos

• Total Posts: 1448
        RE: teacher probed Wed, 03/8/06 8:40 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by mr chips

This is a restatement of somethiong I heard Jon Stewart say on The Daily Show about politicians. I am tired of hearing everybody making facile comparisons to Adolf Hitler. Hitler remains one of the primary historical embodiments of evil and to compare Bush the younger to him overstates Bush"s evil a millionfold and understates Hitler's evil by about the same amount. If the teacher had compared Bush"s actions to Richard Nixon and FDR, I would have had absolutely no problem but i think this comparison crosses a certain line.

I believe that's true, however, I was going to say, IMO, the comparison gives Bush way too much credit for actually being in control of things...Like I said a bad analogy...but then, I feel the kids are free to disagree with his opinion.

I have some of those school superintendant's nightmares of super moms in my neighborhood. The ones who manipulate Sissy's schedule so she gets the 'right' teacher, the one who will give her the best shot at a scholarship...

I look at it this way...when you get out of school you can't pick your bosses, you can't pick your co-workers, heck you can't pick your neighbors and however hard you try you can't always pick your leaders, so you might better develop the tools to deal with sub-geniuses of the world sooner than later.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com