Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Your list of nasty snack food

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 100 of 100
shortchef

• Total Posts: 624
RE: Your list of nasty snack food Mon, 07/17/06 8:51 PM (permalink)
Y'know, I still have a package of Peeps that we forgot to eat, from this past Easter. We will now have a Peeps microwave tournament as entertainment for our next barbecue. Since I have one of those new Advantium ovens I will need to find the proper setting so the Peeps don't get blown to h***. Thanks!

Cinnabonbon

• Total Posts: 149
    RE: Your list of nasty snack food Wed, 08/2/06 7:48 PM (permalink)
    I really like the shrimp flavored chips.

Some of my coworkers snack on that shing shang stuff through out the day. We politely decline their offers to share...

sinkiller

• Total Posts: 57
      RE: Your list of nasty snack food Fri, 08/18/06 10:18 AM (permalink)
      Gibbles Potato Chips

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4737
        RE: Your list of nasty snack food Wed, 02/2/11 4:29 PM (permalink)
        caratzas

The Asians have the lock on this category. Sure, my local Asian supermarkets have plenty of good snacks to offer, but for every delicious Gentlemen's Pocky or Kasugai Peanut and You out there there's a Sakura Shrimp-Flavored Chip or Orchid Hot Prepared Cuttlefish to challenge this Westerner's taste buds.

And by "challenge" I mean totally gross out.

I encountered these for the first time last weekend:

After listening to the comments of others I decided that they weren't for me, and on a weekend where snacks and junk food are consumed in large quantities they went mostly untouched.

Brad

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
          RE: Your list of nasty snack food Wed, 02/2/11 6:00 PM (permalink)
            I tried bacon flavored peanuts the other day and they were the worst thing I ever put into my mouth. The flavor of bacon was ok but it didn't mix well with the peanut flavor. After a few minutes it tasted like chemicals and dried out my mouth. I couldn't drink enough beer to get the taste out of my mouth!!!

Just sayin'

David O.

senor boogie woogie

• Total Posts: 225
            RE: Your list of nasty snack food Thu, 02/3/11 12:09 PM (permalink)
            Boiled peanuts. I love peanuts, but boiled nuts are like tasteless mush. They are nasty and I don't understand how anyone can eat them.

Boiled eggs. They smell like farts and are not that much better. I do like eggs a lot, but like peanuts above, it's all about preperation.

Peppermint/chocolate candy (like Peppermint Patty's). Love peppermint candy. Love chocolate. Together it's not palatable to me.

Any candy with coconut in it. Coconut tastes like fruity wood shavings.

plb

RE: Your list of nasty snack food Thu, 02/3/11 12:46 PM (permalink)
              senor boogie woogie

Boiled peanuts. I love peanuts, but boiled nuts are like tasteless mush. They are nasty and I don't understand how anyone can eat them.

Boiled eggs. They smell like farts and are not that much better. I do like eggs a lot, but like peanuts above, it's all about preperation.

Peppermint/chocolate candy (like Peppermint Patty's). Love peppermint candy. Love chocolate. Together it's not palatable to me.

Any candy with coconut in it. Coconut tastes like fruity wood shavings.

I thought you lived in China.  Chinese loved boiled peanuts.  My China born wife is always wanting to stop and buy boiled peanuts whenever we are in the south.  All egg dishes stink, hate them all.  Love peppermint, chocolate and them together.  Agree completely on coconut. 

brisketboy

• Total Posts: 1058
                RE: Your list of nasty snack food Thu, 02/3/11 2:39 PM (permalink)
                San Migel beer and a balut

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 742
                  RE: Your list of nasty snack food Thu, 02/3/11 3:11 PM (permalink)
                  brisketboy

San Migel beer and a balut

I'll take the San Mig. Keep the balut.

bartl

• Total Posts: 1209
                    RE: Your list of nasty snack food Sun, 02/6/11 6:31 PM (permalink)
                    ScreamingChicken
                    After listening to the comments of others I decided that they weren't for me, and on a weekend where snacks and junk food are consumed in large quantities they went mostly untouched. 

The brand you showed is pretty mediocre. Now, mind you, I was introduced to Kroepoek in the Netherlands, where it's very popular. The fresher they are, the better; they go stale within a couple of days (they sell "fresh" kroepoek in an Oriental supermarket near me, but it's usually made with bad oil. Other than going to Indonesia or the Netherlands, the only way to see how good they really are is to buy them uncooked, and deep fat fry them yourself.

Bart

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                      Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 100 of 100

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com