In Memory of Chi-Chi's

Author
Pumbaa
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 22
2006/03/14 23:40:11 (permalink)

In Memory of Chi-Chi's

I worked there on and off during high school and college for 2 years. It was still my favorite restaurant. my sister and i both worked there for a while. We'd work until midnight on Saturday, go there for lunch on Sunday after church, and THEN go back in for a shift that Sunday afternoon.

I have nothing but fantastic memories of Chi-Chi's . I couldn't ask for a better first job. My managers and co-workers were fantastic. We were the most popular restaurant in town and worked our tails off. For me at least, it was a real labor of love.

I was completely devastated to hear of the closings. After digging on the internet, it seems there are still at least 2 Chi-Chi's : one in Kuwait (really!!) and one in Belgium.

Are there any sites that serve as memorials for Chi-Chi's? There should be a place where ex-employees and fans come together .

I was a cook. I still have all of the recipes. Even though I don't have the Chi-Chi's spice packets or Chi-Chi's vanilla ice cream, I can duplicate the dishes very well. (I did sign a form saying I wouldn't compete with Chi-Chi's or reveal their secrets. Now that it's gone, I wonder if that promise has expired too.)

Chi-Chi's was a phenomenon. It deserves a proper tribute. Can someone tell me if there are sites or groups related to Chi-Chi's memories?? If not, I'll make my own website.

Wes Fowler
Linecook
Dixie #18
Bashford Manor #45

"Chi-Chi's: A Celebration of Food!"

39 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1