The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Real Tex-Mex in N.C.

jespah4

• Total Posts: 2
Real Tex-Mex in N.C. Sat, 03/18/06 9:09 PM (permalink)
We were on our way to Biloxi, MS from N.E. and made plans to stop at Stameys BBQ in Greensboro,N.C. Unfortunately, it was a Sunday and they were closed. It turned out to be our great fortune when only a mile or so we spotted The San Luis Mexican Rest.Located at 1503 W. Lee St.

The parking lot was full,always a good sign, so we pulled in. An hour or so later we left fully satisfied at having just been to Tex-Mex heaven. It was without doubt, the best that I have had since leaving Texas 25 years ago. We ordered from the lunch menu which is very varied and very inexpensive. As soon as we sat down we were greeted with a bowl of freshly made tortilla chips and a carafe of freshly made Salsa. My better half ordered Chicken fajitas. They came piping hot, moist and spicy and accompanied with tasty refried beans, moist and fluffy Spanish rice and Guacomole salad. All for $5.95. I had a beef Burrito and Enchilada Combo also accompanied with rice and beans for $7.49. Plenty of beef in both and a very good enchilada sauce. As I said, the menu is very varied, a large seafood selection as well as combination dinners, daily lunch and dinner specials and house specials, all very resonably priced. The wait staff was very attentive and effecient. Watching them go in and out of the kitchen (one door) and never bumping into each other is a show in itself.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com