Is it better to rely on a signature dish?

Author
nvb
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 468
2006/03/20 11:41:47 (permalink)

Is it better to rely on a signature dish?

I'm starting this thread because it started in another and is worthy of its own.

quote:
Originally posted by drsmoke02

Slick,what type of restaurant do you have?

quote:
Originally posted by Slick

Combination BBQ and grill. We do a little of it all.

quote:
Originally posted by drsmoke02

I will tell you that's a problem, get a signature and stick with it, make it the the best, people will flock to your store if you have the best of something.Trust me when I tell you this.

You're not the first to tell me this, but all the other advice on signature dishes have came from management in larger areas than my town with 3200 pop.

I started my business just serving BBQ and did really well with it. Over the first year I had customers coming to me asking me to start serving a variety of foods as they didn't enjoy the food at the only other restaurant in town. I finally heard it enough times that I made the investment into a new kitchen.

I thought about the signature dish but thought what the hell, lets make it all good. So far this has worked for me. I've made plenty of menu changes over the last year because I started out with too many foods. I've been trimming and replacing items as I think are necessary.

So, Doc, I'd love to hear your reasons for the signature.

15 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1