Great Day in the Food World

Author
zataar
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1440
2006/03/23 20:59:05 (permalink)

Great Day in the Food World

Here's an unusual topic for this forum. Just about everything that could go wrong today did, but it was still a successful day. First, we had an early morning bankers breakfast for 50, had to be in before 6am. Our lead server did a no show, highly unlikely so we were very concerned. Another on call person got the day wrong, so another no show. The one co worker that was to help me get a lunch out following the breakfast had to do double duty at the breakfast so I had to rail the lunch for 40 out myself. I got it done just in time for my co worker to return from the breakfast to deliver and set up the lunch. Therefore, I had to start a cocktail buffet for 50 by myself while my co worker was at the lunch. Someone who had the day off was enlisted to come in and they gladly did just that. THEN, the fish was late so we were smoking sides of salmon dangerously close to departure time AND the rentals were delivered to the wrong place, but made it to the cocktail buffet in the nick of time, with about 100 phone calls back and forth. Meanwhile, we found out our very dependable server was very ill which is why he was a no show. We hope he is on the mend. He's a great employee and a great guy. 3 of us pulled all of this off quite successfully. We got 2 future events from people at the breakfast that loved it, 2 lunches next week from lawyers attending today's lunch, and I just heard the cocktail buffet is going gangbusters and everyone is having a great time. Every client today was very pleased.
It was a good day at work, but boy, am I tired!

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1