Round Rock Donuts; RR, TX

Author
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3759
2006/03/28 07:12:41 (permalink)

Round Rock Donuts; RR, TX

I teased this place with a pic in the Austin/SXSW forum, but I finally finished my post on this place. I am pretty sure that Round Rock Donuts were the best donuts that I have ever eaten. I will preface that with the notion that I am not a huge donut guy -- I will eat them on rare occasion, but the bulk of the donuts that I have been exposed to in my life are Dunkin Donuts (which are just not the same compared to when I was a kid -- I do remember them being good) and Krispy Kreme, which I was exposed to when I dated a girl who was absolutely hooked on these dreadful things - yes, I have had them hot -- I just don't get it.

My only guess is that the original Round Rock donut is what a Krispy Kreme would be if someone at that company cared at all about quality. They look similar, but taste nothing alike.

On top of the quality of the product, the folks there were incredibly friendly -- the type of people you feel good about spending your money with.

One more tease photo....

Check out the whole post, if you like, at:http://styok.blogspot.com/2006/03/best-ninety-cents-i-ever-spent_16.html

I will tell you this - if you go, tell them that it is your first visit! You won't be disappointed! Note: This may not work for you, Bushie -- they may recognize you after a couple of visits! Thanks for the recommendation!

Steve

18 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1