The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Replacement burners

myway

• Total Posts: 308
Replacement burners Tue, 03/28/06 4:50 PM (permalink)
Hi there,
I ran into a problem this past year. I have a hot dog cart that has just one steam table in it. It runs off of 1 burner. It's a cheap little burner and is not putting out enough BTU's to get my water boiling in an expedient manner. Sometimes it takes upwards of 45 minutes to get it boiling pending wind and temperature. I was thinking about getting a replacement burner, or burners. I contacted A well known hot dog cart manufacturer to find out that a two burner system along with the hose and regulators would be $250.00. ....my wife will shoot me with my own gun for spending that kind of money on it. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on this. I thought about going to Lowes and look at some barbeque grill burners and just mount those on the cart. But I was advised that a grill burner may suck my tank dry in as little as a half hour. Any advice would be appreciated as always. I have emailed a couple of different companies. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com