The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

new chains that are coming to AC area

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
new chains that are coming to AC area Tue, 04/4/06 9:04 PM (permalink)
Hi,
I live in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

10 miles inland from Atlantic City...

here's the restaurant update:

Carrabba's will be opening later this year (replacing Chi Chi's, which did'nt make it too much longer after their Pittsburgh hepatitis outbreak)

Damon's is closing. the franchise owner sold it , and the new owner will be putting in a Chickie and Pete's crab house and sports bar, supposedly real famous in Philly.

Looking forward to trying it..

(been to Carrabba's in other areas before, it's got some nice features) still like independant owned places the best, of course...

I just wonder how it's going to compete with Johnny Carino's 5 miles down the road (rt 40/black horse pike) that opened a year or so ago

Dave's BBQ also opened up where Johnny Carino's is... good brisket, but their roast chicken was so bland...

and that's Ellens Egg Harbor Township restaurant report !!!

Sundancer7

RE: new chains that are coming to AC area Tue, 04/4/06 9:14 PM (permalink)
    I have been to both Carrabba'a and Johnny Carinos. Both are good but personally I prefer Carrabba's. I understand it is owned by the Outback group. We have had many group functions at Carrabba's and we have always enjoyed it.

Great mussel's and pasta. They do garlic proud.

Both are in Knoxville. Carrabba's has been her for about five years. Carino's about a year.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
      RE: new chains that are coming to AC area Tue, 04/4/06 10:49 PM (permalink)
      yeah, Outback is really making a present here in EHT ......(egg harbor twnshp)

besides their flagship Outback, they opened a Bonefish Grill last summer....less than a mile away....(an easy walk from my condo).....I like the atmosphere in Bonefish, even in the lounge.....it's a stylish place...

and now, Carrabas is coming (I did'nt realize they were Outback owned, ).....it will be in the same shopping center where Outback is , and where Fridays is... by the Shore Mall

I had the chicken piccata at Johnny Carinos. Enjoyed it. But I thought their pizza was very mediocre.

thanks for the response, Sundancer..

ellen

Niagara

• Total Posts: 983
        RE: new chains that are coming to AC area Wed, 04/5/06 2:28 PM (permalink)
        Famous Dave's BBQ opened up near the Kansas Speedway outside Kansas City. I don't know why they bothered, since Arthur Bryan's opened a restaurant right down the street.

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
          RE: new chains that are coming to AC area Wed, 04/5/06 3:04 PM (permalink)
          AAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE not KKKKKKKAAAAAAACCCCCCEEEEEEE

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15058
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: new chains that are coming to AC area Wed, 04/5/06 6:47 PM (permalink)
            Thanks Howard. Maybe it's the accent???

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1503
              RE: new chains that are coming to AC area Wed, 04/5/06 7:18 PM (permalink)
              If a train heading for A.C. leaves K.C. at three p.m. and travels 95 mph, making only one stop at D.C. .........
              The Bear

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                RE: new chains that are coming to AC area Tue, 04/11/06 3:57 PM (permalink)
                Usually, where there is an Outback, there will be a Carrabas Very very close to it.
                In one strip mall, on the west coast of Fla, there is a U shaped strip mall with Carrabas on one corner and Outback on the other anchor corner.
                I had a friend that was an asst GM for Carrabas. They make a real nice salad with spring greens and grilled veggies with a wheel of goatcheese dipped in hazelnuts as a topper.

I usually get that and add a grilled chicken breast.
                Their herb mixture is great, and I suggest adding a little basalmic vingear to the oil that they give you to dip their bread into.
                Bread is fantastic!
                Their meatballs are also very good. I get them when I get the Tagliarini Picchi Pacchiu, which is a marinara sauce with fresh basil, garlic and tomatoes

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com