Burge's in Arkansas

Author
Bushie
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2902
2003/06/19 21:58:25 (permalink)

Burge's in Arkansas

Here's a place I thought of tonight, and it's kind of a question for our Arkansas friends:

Last year I drove to Little Rock, just me and my long-haired Dachshund, Mason. We got an early start, but by lunchtime, we were still in east Texas. I started looking for a place that "looked right" driving up Hwy 79. We went through Louisiana and into Arkansas, and nothing appealed to me. I eventually got to the town of Lewisville, AR, and turning a corner, I knew immediately I had found my lunch. I turned to Mason and said, "This is it, pal." He wagged his tail in anticipation.

We had stumbled across Burge's, a smokehouse specializing in smoked turkey, but with a full menu of many items. Although the place was packed, I found a spot to park and ordered at the window. I got a combo turkey and ham sandwich, with a vanilla malt, and I bought Mason a quarter pound of thinly sliced smoked turkey. We drove contentedly away, smiling at each other every few miles, knowing we had made the right choice.

We have a number of Razorback fans on this board, so I'm wondering who else has tried this place? I noticed on the sign they also have a place in Little Rock, a fact verified by my aunt.

15 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1