The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

How about waffle house ?

Change Page: << < ..111213 | Showing page 13 of 13, messages 361 to 385 of 385
V960

• Total Posts: 2429
RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 12/10/05 3:01 PM (permalink)
Got a dumb slap from my wife of twenty four years this morning. ORDER SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

Pecan waffles are pretty good. Going back to my standard order next time however.

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1503
    RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 12/10/05 6:42 PM (permalink)
    Inquiring of Waffle House Experts:
    Once the recent snow clears a little better, I'm going to back the Secret Chevy out of the garage and drive to the closest Waffle House, which is in Clarks Summit, Pa. It'll be a nice ride. I'll probably go by way of Milford, Pa.

However, aside from the WH I went to for breakfast in Colorado, I've never been to one. Thus, the pilgrimage. I'd like to hear from veteran WH'ers....What should I order? It could be breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. Thanks,
    The Bear

Sundancer7

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 12/10/05 6:55 PM (permalink)

Originally posted by ScreenBear

Inquiring of Waffle House Experts:
      Once the recent snow clears a little better, I'm going to back the Secret Chevy out of the garage and drive to the closest Waffle House, which is in Clarks Summit, Pa. It'll be a nice ride. I'll probably go by way of Milford, Pa.

However, aside from the WH I went to for breakfast in Colorado, I've never been to one. Thus, the pilgrimage. I'd like to hear from veteran WH'ers....What should I order? It could be breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. Thanks,
      The Bear

Do breakfast with the waffle and by all means order the hash browns. You can get them many ways but I always get them with onions. If you order them the full way, it is a entie meal.

I sincerely love the Waffle house.
      Paul E. smith
      Knoxville, TN

Sundancer7

RE: How about waffle house ? Sun, 12/11/05 8:25 AM (permalink)
        Whether you like the Waffle House or not, here are some interesting facts:

http://www.wafflehouse.com/funfacts.htm

Paul E. Smith
        Knoxville, TN

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
          RE: How about waffle house ? Sun, 12/11/05 10:32 AM (permalink)
          "I'm going to back the Secret Chevy out of the garage"

OK. Pic's please. You never posted ANY of your car pics, BTW. Remember our conversation via email a year or so back?

tgfny

• Total Posts: 36
            RE: How about waffle house ? Sun, 12/11/05 9:42 PM (permalink)
            Sausage, egg and cheese sandwich on white toast and a double order scattered and covered dark.

jjimmy

• Total Posts: 1
              RE: How about waffle house ? Sun, 12/11/05 9:49 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by StevePoOo

uuuuuummmmmm hello! this would be my first post on here- so hurah for me! !!

any hoot! i need to write a paper about how unsafe it is for a youth (15 years old) to be at a waffle house late at night (2-3 am) i was out with some friends & the parents got worried & grounded me- forcing me to write this paper. if any of u have some personal stories of bad or dangerouse incedences (sp) at WH please tell me so i can use it in my paper ^_^ thanx a mil!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
                RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 12/12/05 11:23 AM (permalink)
                Well, yesterday I had four eggs scrambled with cheese; hashbrowns, scattered, smothered and peppered; sausage; wheat toast; and coffee.

Sundancer7

RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 12/12/05 11:28 AM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Well, yesterday I had four eggs scrambled with cheese; hashbrowns, scattered, smothered and peppered; sausage; wheat toast; and coffee.

Now that is a breakfast that should have lasted you the entire day

No chili with the hasbrowns?

Paul E. Smith
                  Knoxville, TN

scbuzz

• Total Posts: 844
                    RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 12/12/05 12:21 PM (permalink)
                    I would recommend that if you want to experience WH for the first time, you should order the "All American Breakfast" !!

Yikes ... they bring you one of everything !!! Be sure to go with a hefty appetite ! Then again, If you are like me, you take your hefty appetite with you every where you go !!!

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
                      RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 12/12/05 4:45 PM (permalink)
                      Ate at Waffle House for breakfast w/my 2 grandkids. They ate everything they ordered which doesn't always happen any where else. They love to eat at Waffle House and will pick it over McDonalds any time. I, of course, had my usual - Pecan Waffle w/hashbrowns.

V960

RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 12/12/05 6:58 PM (permalink)
                        Waiting for the dance comp to be over...double hashbrowns, crisp w/ onions(at your suggestion sundanger...sorry your new name to me anyway) First time was a mistake, now forever. Correct me on a mistype and get a new handle.

Life's a bitch and then you marry one, and in my case have two more as daughthers. Love them to death but they are going to be pains for two young men, maybe more?

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
                          RE: How about waffle house ? Tue, 12/13/05 5:22 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by Sundancer7

quote:
                          Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Now that is a breakfast that should have lasted you the entire day

No chili with the hasbrowns?
                          Not this time.

Paul E. Smith
                          Knoxville, TN

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
                            RE: How about waffle house ? Wed, 12/14/05 1:03 AM (permalink)
                            Hash browns all the way,double order.

V960

RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 12/15/05 12:10 PM (permalink)
                              Only place to get a meal today in western NC(ice storm, come on yankees show me how drive on ice) Trying to break free of my habit so I went for the patty melt...eggs next time.

garryd451

• Total Posts: 699
                                RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 12/15/05 1:25 PM (permalink)
                                quote:
                                Originally posted by V960

Only place to get a meal today in western NC(ice storm, come on yankees show me how drive on ice) Trying to break free of my habit so I went for the patty melt...eggs next time.

This is one Yankee, That can't help You, We get Snow here, not ice!

I was also told if You want to know how to drive on ice, ask a Rebel because they get alot if ice in Dixie

V960

RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 12/15/05 3:59 PM (permalink)
                                  It's bad today. Pine trees exploding from the ice load. I've got a live oak that will be a stump when this is over.

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
                                    RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 12/15/05 5:28 PM (permalink)
                                    V960, bless your heart. We get ice here instead of snow. There is no way to drive on ice, and walking is "iffy."

V960

RE: How about waffle house ? Fri, 12/16/05 2:39 PM (permalink)
                                      Typical NC ice storm. Gone compltely now but school was cancelled for the last two days. I'll be burning fallen limbs for at least a day and still haven't come w/ a safe plan for working on the live oak...true mess...a widow maker if I ever saw one.

Sundancer7

RE: How about waffle house ? Fri, 12/16/05 6:30 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:

Typical NC ice storm. Gone compltely now but school was cancelled for the last two days. I'll be burning fallen limbs for at least a day and still haven't come w/ a safe plan for working on the live oak...true mess...a widow maker if I ever saw one.

Sorry for the ice you got. We got nothing but rain in East Tennessee. We got about 1.5 inches of rain. We needed it and was glad it was not ice.

Paul E. Smith
                                        Knoxville, TN

V960

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 12/17/05 8:32 AM (permalink)
                                          Well the ice offered WH a chance to come through again. A person I shall describe as one of the duller tools in the shed went through w/ a church outing (Oh what fun!!! See the trees fall!!) so I get a phone call at @ 2 am that the church van is stuck and all the tow trucks are busy.

By 3 am I'm on the road w/ the truck, trailer and tractor. Everyone safe, sound and pulled out of the ditch but WH calls to me. I stuck the bright one w/ the bill for twelve teenagers and four adults.

I am still amazed at the amount of food a sixteen year old boy can consume at one sitting. Kid beside me kept whispering "Can I order something else?" "Sure, son fill yourself up, 'Mr. Drive in the ice storm' is paying"

Two full breakfasts (eggs, hashbrowns, bacon and toast) followed by a waffle. Of course this kid is a lineman for the football team and could have probably pulled the van out himself. I had my usual except this kid ate half my toast.

garryd451

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 12/17/05 8:45 AM (permalink)
                                            quote:

Well the ice offered WH a chance to come through again. A person I shall describe as one of the duller tools in the shed went through w/ a church outing (Oh what fun!!! See the trees fall!!) so I get a phone call at @ 2 am that the church van is stuck and all the tow trucks are busy.

By 3 am I'm on the road w/ the truck, trailer and tractor. Everyone safe, sound and pulled out of the ditch but WH calls to me. I stuck the bright one w/ the bill for twelve teenagers and four adults.

I am still amazed at the amount of food a sixteen year old boy can consume at one sitting. Kid beside me kept whispering "Can I order something else?" "Sure, son fill yourself up, 'Mr. Drive in the ice storm' is paying"

Two full breakfasts (eggs, hashbrowns, bacon and toast) followed by a waffle. Of course this kid is a lineman for the football team and could have probably pulled the van out himself. I had my usual except this kid ate half my toast.

I could of told You how much a teenager can eat, I have two sons, a 13 year old and a 17 year old. Both are linemen on thir respective school's football team, my 13 year old is five foot eight inches and my 17 year old is six foot five inches, 275 pounds and wears a size 18 shoe!!!! Yes Yes Yes I know how a teenager can eat!

As far as your bus driving friend, too bad the bill for breakfast wasn't three times what it was!!!!!!!!! A BUS ON ICE!!!! That is a accident waiting to happen.

Garry

garryd451

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 12/17/05 8:48 AM (permalink)
                                              quote:
                                              Originally posted by garryd451

quote:

I could of told You how much a teenager can eat, I have two sons, a 13 year old and a 17 year old. Both are linemen on thir respective school's football team, my 13 year old is five foot eight inches and my 17 year old is six foot five inches, 275 pounds and wears a size 18 shoe!!!! Yes Yes Yes I know how a teenager can eat!

As far as your bus driving friend, too bad the bill for breakfast wasn't three times what it was!!!!!!!!! A BUS ON ICE!!!! That is a accident waiting to happen.

Your friend could be a member of the School Board, here in Niles, Michigan, they close the schools because of snow and ice, but then they let all the sports teams to have their practices and to have their games, EVEN THEIR AWAY GAMES, Your bus driving friend is as smart as our School Board!
                                              Garry

V960

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 12/17/05 10:23 AM (permalink)
                                                I have teenagee DAUGHTERS...they eat nothing in the presence of anyone but family. It's comical to see.

"I'll have a taste of this or that" and then the locucts come out when everyone is gone. Normal girls from what I can tell. Not skinny by my terms but not chunky either. Seems all their friends are the same. Until the friends have had dinner w/ us a few times they eat nothing and when comfortable w/ the family...keep your fingers clear!

But these teenage boys! Come to the house and food disappears. I now cook TWO steaks for my oldest girl's boyfriend. Piggies in a blanket now get made on a full sheet pan not a half one when she has friends over.

We had a group of sixteen year old girls stay w/ us as a student exchange or something. Stayed for one week. First breafast was about six eggs for five girls. End of the week we were up to two dozen eggs at breakfast. Sausage, toast, grits (it is NC afterall) country ham and assorted pastries also disappeared as well.

Growing bodies...

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                                                  RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 12/17/05 11:16 PM (permalink)
                                                  I found that my son and his crew would come in--eat mass quantities and leave--my daughter and her crew would--as you say-- just have a nibble of something--however--they stayed and had a nibble every five mins all day long---and in the end---boys feasting or girls grazing---they BOTH made a lot of food dissapear!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                    Change Page: << < ..111213 | Showing page 13 of 13, messages 361 to 385 of 385

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                    • No New Messages
                                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                    • Read Message
                                                    • Post New Thread
                                                    • Reply to message
                                                    • Post New Poll
                                                    • Submit Vote
                                                    • Post reward post
                                                    • Delete my own posts
                                                    • Delete my own threads
                                                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com