New York City Steakhouses

Author
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3749
2006/04/11 22:06:44 (permalink)

New York City Steakhouses

I know that there are many mentions of the standard bearer steakhouses of NYC in the "Great Steakhouses" thread, but I thought that with the proliferation of great steak joints in the City that this topic deserves a thread of it's own.

AOL City Guide (which you may take with as many grains of salt as you like) has listed the Top 10 Steakhouses in NYC:

Peter Luger
Williamsburg
Can there be any doubt that this fabled meatery surpasses all who make themselves in Luger's image?

Sparks
Midtown East

Wolfgang's
Murray Hill

Strip House
Greenwich Village

Bobby Van's
Midtown West

Ben & Jack's
Grand Central

BLT Steak
Midtown East

MarkJoseph
Financial District

Post House
Midtown East

Dylan Prime
Tribeca

To be honest, I am not all that interested in debating which of these is better than the others. My gut says that they probably all have decent grub. I have been to Luger's and it is my benchmark for a good steak - heck, it is my benchmark for a good meal. What I am curious to know is if any of these places are worth hitting instead of Luger's -- with price being the only concern. In other words, relative to Luger's, are any of these places listed a bargain? Are there others in the City that you think could be considered a bargain? I know -- look in Vegas for a steak bargain (likely at the $2.99 buffets )....not a REAL bargain (like a $9.95 filet), but a relative bargain (for less money, the steak at XX is almost as good as Luger's).

Any ideas?

13 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1