Hog dog stand permitting HELP needed

Author
avis
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2006/04/24 13:30:41 (permalink)

Hog dog stand permitting HELP needed

Hello,

I am researching the permitting requirements for operating a hot dog stand in the city of San Diego. I understand the county health inspection requirements, but I'm a bit confused on the locational permitting requirements (where I will operate my cart). The city requires that a license be applied for any pushcart. This requires an address be associated with the location (private or public right-of-way) and has to go through some sort of public hearing/review from city officials.

I talked to the city and told them that I'm just going to be operating a temporary push cart that may change venues from time to time (like I might be operating at a certain park during certain events or maybe changing weekday locations depending on how each location does). In any case, they told me I still need to apply for a permit. This seems very unnecessary to apply for a permit each time I want to change location. I'm wondering if this is the norm for other cities?? Or do people w/ carts operating without permits/licensing hoping they won't get caught???

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1