The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Hog dog stand permitting HELP needed

avis

• Total Posts: 6
Hog dog stand permitting HELP needed Mon, 04/24/06 1:30 PM (permalink)
Hello,

I am researching the permitting requirements for operating a hot dog stand in the city of San Diego. I understand the county health inspection requirements, but I'm a bit confused on the locational permitting requirements (where I will operate my cart). The city requires that a license be applied for any pushcart. This requires an address be associated with the location (private or public right-of-way) and has to go through some sort of public hearing/review from city officials.

I talked to the city and told them that I'm just going to be operating a temporary push cart that may change venues from time to time (like I might be operating at a certain park during certain events or maybe changing weekday locations depending on how each location does). In any case, they told me I still need to apply for a permit. This seems very unnecessary to apply for a permit each time I want to change location. I'm wondering if this is the norm for other cities?? Or do people w/ carts operating without permits/licensing hoping they won't get caught???

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com