The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Restaurant Owner Wanting lowdown on Opentable.com

tommytahoe

• Total Posts: 1
Restaurant Owner Wanting lowdown on Opentable.com Mon, 04/24/06 11:38 PM (permalink)
Hi everyone,

long-time waiter, first-time writer. Not actually an owner, but my boss is, and he is considering joining up with the very well-known OpenTable.com online reservations system. His is an extremely popular, 300-seat japanese sushi/jazz club in oakland, CA, and this may be a way to alleviate the people and phone congestion that can happen to the poor hostesses and managers up front every night.
But, he has reservations. he has heard urban legends of random callers placing reservations all over restaurants through Open table's website, just to pull an intentional no-show. Anyone heard of this sort of thing? And for that matter, can anyone think of any legitimate reasons why he should not go ahead and use their user-friendly service. I'm doing this research, since he's my boss, who i get along well with, and also this is in the best interest of all working at the restaurant, of course, since one part affects all others, as we know.

Thanks for the feedback, wherever you are. i like this site so far. lots to read.

T.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com