The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Vocabulary for Ice cream fountain drinks

lennonlover2005

• Total Posts: 62
Vocabulary for Ice cream fountain drinks Tue, 05/2/06 1:56 AM (permalink)
I know I read a fantastic thread here about regional names for fountain drinks but I cannot find it...So I am starting a new one and maybe someone can link me up to the old one please?
In Flint Michigan....we call a vanilla ice cream and Vernors that is blended a CREAM ALE....Some yahoos in Dearborn/Detroit call this same thing a BOSTON COOLER. What I always knew as a BOSTON COOLER (in Flint MI) was vanilla ice cream blended with COCA-COLA. A drink called a BROWN COW was root beer and vanilla ice cream blended together. I remember reading a book I think was "Harriet the Spy" and she drank EGG CREAMS. Well I think it was "Harriet the Spy"...lol!
What is a egg cream? What is a brown cow and Boston cooler were you are? Oh yes... we call two scoops of vanilla ice cream in any flavor soda (we say 'pop" here!) a FLOAT!
Oh yes...is there such a thing as a "BLACK COW"?

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
    RE: Vocabulary for Ice cream fountain drinks Tue, 05/2/06 7:49 PM (permalink)
    Black cow.. Root beer float with chocolate syrup..
    Brown cow-I do coke and ice cream ...(coke float in my house).. just depends on where your are at and who is making it, I guess.

You got me curious, I just did a google search and found this link.
    http://www.masterstech-home.com/The_Kitchen/Recipes/Reminiscent_Recipes/SodaFountainRecipes.html

EleAq

• Total Posts: 2
      RE: Vocabulary for Ice cream fountain drinks Sat, 05/13/06 8:57 PM (permalink)

Ahh, the New York egg cream, one of the yummiest things ever. To make an egg cream you mix milk and chocolate syrup together (U-bet chocolate syrup is the classic choice) and then add seltzer. It is light, foamy, sweet with a little tang from the seltzer and incredibly refreshing.

Really good with a knish and some pickles.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com