The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

I never thought of Pizza as Road food until I

garryd451

• Total Posts: 699
I never thought of Pizza as Road food until I Tue, 05/2/06 10:40 AM (permalink)
I really never thought of Pizza as Road food until I found this great site, maybe because there always been great Pizza here in my hometown of Niles. I always loved pizza, I have always thought of it as a great Lunch, Dinner or Snack, but never as a Raodfood until I came to this site. I really appreciate the way this site educate us in so many different ways.

Did anyone else feel this way? People that disagree, thinks this is a stupid post or I am stupid, need not to post!

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2936
    RE: I never thought of Pizza as Road food until I Tue, 05/2/06 10:52 AM (permalink)
    I agree with you completely. For me, there were so many pizza places everywhere I traveled that I didn't know which one will be worth it, so I would try somewhere else. But with Roadfood (and to some extent Chowhound), now I can get worthwhile pizza just about anywhere that it exists.

I used to work at Niles Manufacturing btw, back in the '70s. Nice part of the country. Kind of flat though. Good football team nearby, so I hear (my wife lives and dies on Saturday afternoons with the Blue & Gold). I still have some friends in that area.

Tom

garryd451

• Total Posts: 699
      RE: I never thought of Pizza as Road food until I Tue, 05/2/06 3:14 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Mosca

I agree with you completely. For me, there were so many pizza places everywhere I traveled that I didn't know which one will be worth it, so I would try somewhere else. But with Roadfood (and to some extent Chowhound), now I can get worthwhile pizza just about anywhere that it exists.

I used to work at Niles Manufacturing btw, back in the '70s. Nice part of the country. Kind of flat though. Good football team nearby, so I hear (my wife lives and dies on Saturday afternoons with the Blue & Gold). I still have some friends in that area.

Tom

A good Blue and Gold Football Team NOW!!! It's been awhile.

My Favorite Pizza places are Pete's Patio on North 5th Street, Rich's on South 11th(been in business about 8 years) and Malano's on 17th Street(malano's would of been on Oak Street in the late 70's) Of course, all of these are in the Niles Michigan Area!

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: I never thought of Pizza as Road food until I Wed, 05/3/06 4:56 PM (permalink)
        Your lucky Gary... Around here you have to hit the road to find anything good.. Considering your so close to Indiana, that may explain why you have the good stuff in Niles..

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com