The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Surprise in a Rum Barrel-more food in the news

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
Surprise in a Rum Barrel-more food in the news Thu, 05/4/06 11:42 AM (permalink)

Gizmolito

• Total Posts: 312
    RE: Surprise in a Rum Barrel-more food in the news Thu, 05/4/06 1:43 PM (permalink)
    It's funny. I heard this story this morning on Paul Harvey's radio broadcast. It's an urban myth of course. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/tapping.htm

roossy90

RE: Surprise in a Rum Barrel-more food in the news Thu, 05/4/06 1:54 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Gizmolito

It's funny. I heard this story this morning on Paul Harvey's radio broadcast. It's an urban myth of course. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/cannibal/tapping.htm

Damn, the one time I dont use Snopes...kick me! kick me!

Gizmolito

• Total Posts: 312
        RE: Surprise in a Rum Barrel-more food in the news Thu, 05/4/06 2:00 PM (permalink)
        What I think is funny is that Yahoo News and Paul Harvey didn't check Snopes or truthorfiction.com, instead of just reporting it.

seafarer john

RE: Surprise in a Rum Barrel-more food in the news Thu, 05/4/06 4:24 PM (permalink)
          I though Paul Harvey was long dead and we did not have his drivel on the air anymore. Guess it was just wishful thinking...

Cheers, John

Sundancer7

RE: Surprise in a Rum Barrel-more food in the news Thu, 05/4/06 5:54 PM (permalink)
            Personally I have always enjoyed Paul Harvey but I guess he is vulnerable to news inaccuracies. He is older like myself and I have always enjoyed his thoughts.

I sort of believed that this story was a bit of a hoax from the gitgo. I guess Snopes sort of validated this.

Paul E. Smith
            Knoxville, TN

roossy90

RE: Surprise in a Rum Barrel-more food in the news Fri, 05/5/06 4:17 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Sundancer7

Personally I have always enjoyed Paul Harvey but I guess he is vulnerable to news inaccuracies. He is older like myself and I have always enjoyed his thoughts.

I sort of believed that this story was a bit of a hoax from the gitgo. I guess Snopes sort of validated this.

Paul E. Smith
              Knoxville, TN

Paul,
              I must admit, that I am an avid user of the Snopes web site..I have been burned badly in the past.
              I just figured... a news article on Yahoo... It must've been real since it was past april Fools day..
              Makes me more all the blonde..

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
                RE: Surprise in a Rum Barrel-more food in the news Fri, 05/5/06 5:24 AM (permalink)
                Keep in mind that Snopes didn't tag the story as false. It's listed with a white symbol, which means "identifies legends of indeterminate origin". IOW, they can't say either way.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com