Hungry Heifer

Author
Pat T Hat
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 968
2006/05/06 09:06:58 (permalink)

Hungry Heifer

It's been 7 years I guess but the steaks I had at the Hungry Heifer(that's right, Norm from Cheers favorite place)in Castle Rock Colorado were the absolute best I have ever had. Black Angus I think. Tender as butter, squirt in your eye juicy and grilled to perfection! I ate there everyday (4 days) and never came close to grumbling. Nice bar upstairs were I got to watch Elway work his comeback magic on the Vikings with a table full of Minnesota fans in attendence. I myself was wearing my ever present Bengals hat, remember this was mid 90's, and I was given special dipensation and pity along with copious amounts of liquor to ease MY pain. Just a little steakhouse in a little town with big flavor, big hearts and friendly fans! It seemed to be some what of an institution so I imagine they are still in operation. I was there the night the town lit up the giant Christams lights on the big rock overlooking the town before Thanksgiving. A nice little event where it seemed the whole town showed up and all the joints emptied out on the snowy main street.

1 Reply Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1