The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet

kangolpimp

• Total Posts: 119
Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Tue, 06/24/03 1:09 PM (permalink)
It seems the fair-haired size six Oscar-winning actress must put on some pounds to reprise her role as Bridget Jones. Below I have pasted the article. My question to all of you is this: Do you think the 20 donuts has got to be a misprint? I don't see how she could eat 20 donuts (I certainly couldn't) and plus 20 donuts would have to be at least 4,000 calories right there, wouldn't they? I bet it should read 2 donuts, although you will notice the article does mention 20 donuts twice, not once. If this is indeed the case, Zellweger is eating closer to 8,000 calories per day.

Packing Pounds

Renee Zellweger chubs up for 'Bridget Jones' sequel.

by BeatBoxBetty

The things some actresses have to do to get a little respect in this town! Teeny tiny Renee Zellweger has the daunting task of chubbing up so she can once again portray big-boned London icon Bridget Jones. The goal? To go from a slender size six to a frumpy size 14 before shooting can even begin. That means she's got to down over 4,000 calories a day!

So what does a typical Bridget Happy Meal consist of? Breakfast boasts a Big Mac with fries, a large milkshake and scones, while lunch features 20 donuts with peanut butter, pizza, chips and yet another milkshake. To top the day off, Renee gets to feast on a large plate of spaghetti with meat sauce and potatoes. I guess another shake would just be overkill.

"It's easier for me this time around because I know what I have to do and how to do it," Renee told Hello! magazine. "I have to stick to it because I found out last time that one donut does not do a thing -- you have to eat 20 a day to get results."

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
    RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Tue, 06/24/03 2:27 PM (permalink)
    Maybe she spreads them out throughout the day...I think it would make you sick! I could think of other things besides donuts. I wonder if she needs any advice?

I read that she is also going to be portraying Janis Joplin in a new movie, so maybe she needs to have the added pounds for both roles.

Sundancer7

RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Tue, 06/24/03 4:17 PM (permalink)
      I'll bet she lays off doughnuts for a long time after this stint

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

RubyRose

• Total Posts: 2187
        RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Tue, 06/24/03 4:20 PM (permalink)
        I wonder if they're Krispy Kremes.

seafarer john

RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Tue, 06/24/03 5:39 PM (permalink)
          Didn't you ever see pictures of that tiny little oriental guy who is a World's cahmpion eater?

EliseT

• Total Posts: 2849
            RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Tue, 06/24/03 7:47 PM (permalink)
            Well, it does say OVER 4,000 calories which could be any amount. Krispy Kremes are so light and airy...I can eat 4 without blinking. Unfortunately, my doctor has me "carb counting", so my donut eating is very limited these days. But it sure does get my competitive juices flowing. Anyone up for the task? I dare any of you to see if you can eat 40 donuts...peanut butter optional. Can't wait to hear what happens!!!

Route 11

• Total Posts: 752
              RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Wed, 06/25/03 12:36 PM (permalink)
              I would like to see her devour 20 Rochester Garbage Plates. That would be a high calorie diet I could live with!

EliseT

• Total Posts: 2849
                RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Wed, 06/25/03 7:01 PM (permalink)
                OK, I found the quote that started it all:

"I have to stick to it, because I found out last time that one doughnut doesn't do a thing. You've got to eat 20 a day for five weeks before you get results"

- Renee Zellweger, quoted in STAR magazine, the great standardbearer of truth

Sundancer7

RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Wed, 06/25/03 7:06 PM (permalink)
                  At my age:

One donut a day
                  Does not make the belly go away

Paul E. smith
                  Knoxville, TN

stanpnepa

• Total Posts: 577
                    RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Wed, 06/25/03 9:22 PM (permalink)
                    I could remember the afternoons in high school when my grandmother and uncle would visit---with a dozen donuts. I'd usually eat four...then, a couple of hours later, they'd treat me to fast food (some kind of double burger, fries, a Coke and a dessert!). This was not unusual---and I didn't gain any weight. If I did that now, I'd gain three pounds a day!

BigGlenn

RE: Renee Zellweger's 4000 Calorie Roadfood Diet Thu, 06/26/03 12:24 AM (permalink)
                      Modern Movie Magic? She could just use a "Fat Suit" of Computer
                      generate the look of being Plump?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com