The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County

LongBeachHotDog

• Total Posts: 2
Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County Fri, 05/19/06 12:20 PM (permalink)
There are lots in the Hollywood area, but looking for something in the Orange County, Long Beach area, any leads?

Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
    RE: Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County Sat, 05/20/06 9:00 AM (permalink)
    Hey Guy ,

For Orange County try Coney Island Restaurant in Middletown - New York that is .

Cannot help you with OC Cali

Benzee

Skuterdude

• Total Posts: 6
      RE: Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County Sun, 05/21/06 12:55 PM (permalink)
      In the city of Orange.........there is PCH hot dogs........and in Buena Park their is the newly opened Portillo's........Can't help you with Long beach other than a polish sandwich at Joe Jost's........Can't beat a Joes Special and a pickled egg........

tonyphoto

• Total Posts: 2
        Re:Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County Tue, 07/7/09 2:31 PM (permalink)
        I agree with the other writer about PCH Hot Dogs (Pacific Coast Hotdogs) in Orange.  They are located on Chapman Ave. about six blocks east of the 55 freeway and stand out as the only little shack in the center of a strip mall parking lot.

Since you are in Long Beach, look for their other store in Huntington Beach.  I have never been there so am not sure of the location.

I have eaten hot dogs all my 72 years and tried them all over, including Chicago.  For my money, these are the best.  They use Hoffy #1 dogs with the snap casings and their chile is superb. (Better by far than Pinks, for instance.)  Although their fries are out of a bag, for some reason they are better than average, too.  Try to avoid lunch hour because the line can be a little slow with only one or sometimes two people working.  Friendly people and you can not beat their hot dog. 

I am blessed to live only about two miles from this place!

Enjoy!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com