The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Colombo chicken

cathyx

• Total Posts: 7
Colombo chicken Sun, 06/4/06 8:20 AM (permalink)
Is in America the Colombo chicken known?
It is a recipe from W.I:
It's about frying a little bit some parts of chicken with onion, spices (pimentos, pepper), salt, add in it some cuts of potatoes then some tablespoons of 'CURRY' (the green/yellow powder used in Indian cuisine), then cover with water; let bowl everything and you serve with rice.
Normally it makes a lot of and a-little-bit-thick sauce...

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17848
    RE: Colombo chicken Sun, 06/4/06 3:40 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by cathyx

Is in America the Colombo chicken known?
    It is a recipe from W.I:
    It's about frying a little bit some parts of chicken with onion, spices (pimentos, pepper), salt, add in it some cuts of potatoes then some tablespoons of 'CURRY' (the green/yellow powder used in Indian cuisine), then cover with water; let bowl everything and you serve with rice.
    Normally it makes a lot of and a-little-bit-thick sauce...

I'm familiar with it. Usually it's made with goat -- cabrito. Sometimes it is made with lamb.

cathyx

RE: Colombo chicken Sun, 06/4/06 9:19 PM (permalink)
      Yes, exactly. Here in the caribbean we use so chicken or sheep, even fish in colombo sauce...

Michael Hoffman

RE: Colombo chicken Sun, 06/4/06 10:49 PM (permalink)
        quote:

Yes, exactly. Here in the caribbean we use so chicken or sheep, even fish in colombo sauce...

The Caribbean? I lived in the U.S.Virgin Islands for several years, and I had it made of goat and other things on a number of islands.

cathyx

RE: Colombo chicken Mon, 06/5/06 12:43 PM (permalink)
          Oh, and may i ask on which of the virgin islands you live?
          Moreover let me do a little publicity for my upcoming first book "from cat card..." it's entitled L'aventurière et l'héritier and will be probably sold in usa but do you think these future "readings candies" of mine could be sold even in french in the virgin islands? Yeah, yeah, it's a kind of cooking too...

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
            RE: Colombo chicken Mon, 06/5/06 12:46 PM (permalink)
            quote:

Oh, and may i ask on which of the virgin islands you live?
            Moreover let me do a little publicity for my upcoming first book "from cat card..." it's entitled L'aventurière et l'héritier and will be probably sold in usa but do you think these future "readings candies" of mine could be sold even in french in the virgin islands? Yeah, yeah, it's a kind of cooking too...

At the risk of hijacking this thread around(sorry, just a quick ? for cathyx)do you have access to Lasco brand hot sauce?

Michael Hoffman

RE: Colombo chicken Mon, 06/5/06 12:56 PM (permalink)
              I lived on St. Thomas. I have no idea, however, whether a book in French will sell there,although there probably are people living in Frenchtown who still speak and read the language.

cathyx

RE: Colombo chicken Mon, 06/5/06 6:54 PM (permalink)
                Sorry for my parasite subject in thread, rusty246 (true i could have added sth like 'juck a quick'...); no, here in martinique we do not have access to Lasco hot sauce, not yet maybe.

@ michaelhoffman, well, michael, i don't know if you 'heard' about this first story of mine (hopefully it's not been part of the "i-don't-want-you-to-do-what-you-want-except-if-you're-part-my-slaves" THING) but just know that St-Thomas IS the country where my story takes place!!...

Michael Hoffman

RE: Colombo chicken Mon, 06/5/06 7:53 PM (permalink)
                  Well, that's certainly interesting, Cathyx. I don't know how familiar you might be with St. Thomas and Charlotte Amalie, but we lived in Agnes Fancy, just above the Danish Embassy, next to Mafolie.

cathyx

RE: Colombo chicken Tue, 06/6/06 7:07 AM (permalink)
                    Okay. I'm not particularly familiar with St-Thomas but I was simply looking for a credible place for a young woman from caribbean who could like "shrimps with fried potatoes"lol (my own taste for originality) in any caribbean resorthotel for example and I found St-Thomas!

cathyx

RE: Colombo chicken Tue, 06/6/06 3:39 PM (permalink)
                      Ok, soon i'd want to travel to Miami and I don't want to know what they have to hide to that point i'm interested at all in their bad cookings, ok?
                      So when I say that I like eating and i'm looking for new things in my mouth it's not about automatically what others would want me to eat!!!
                      So no matter what they pretend about my mind, I give a fu*k to what is tasty to me personally!
                      What will you later on another site comment about this statement of mine. Cooking is like for me writing romances, eating them, eating candies, chocolate cakes b/c anyway i have no figure deal going on, trying to eat shrimps, fried or not fried, fish in all cases fried b/c that's the only way i like fish (without wanting to give false or crual hope to anyone on here).
                      I share because i LIKE to share things ONLY when i'm ready to share! So same things about Colombo chicken, maybe later "Short-sauce of fish", then "butterbread-chocolate" (in another thread this one), yoghurt cake etc...

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com