It's In The Sauce

Author
captain_keevin
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 28
2006/06/27 16:15:46 (permalink)

It's In The Sauce

Don't know much about algebra...but PIZZA is for everybody or as the song goes...what a wonderful world this would be! Here, in Indiana, I didn't have my first piece of pizza until the late 50s. There was a little pizzaria on 6th Street in Vincennes, Indiana, called Bobe's Pizzaria, where I always heard the owner brought back a recipe from W. W. 2 from Italy or Italians in New York, that they have faithfully used for more than 50 years. There have been other places spring up by other Bobe relatives in nearby towns, like Lawrenceville, Illinois, and Washington, Indiana, with the same basic recipe. It has a thin crust with an unusual sauce, and they don't overwhelm it with the toppings. I grew up eating this pie, and nothing else seems to stack up in our area. It is the same every time, and my favorite is Bobe's Pizza Express in Washington, Indiana, next door to the Black Buggy Amish Restaurant. I always order the large Farouk with everything on it, although again it is not too much... It is just right. I like the thin crust and the sauce. It's seems like everyone else in our area likes all the Bobe's Pizza Restaurants, too. These are true Mom & Pop Roadfood Pizza Joints!

21 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1