The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Big b's saves a life, for real.

EddyBees Dogs

• Total Posts: 187
Big b's saves a life, for real. Mon, 07/17/06 5:16 PM (permalink)
OK all, I am the guy with the softball park concession and I have been too busy to share much lately( a good problem). This past weekend there was a major little league baseball tournament with around 30 games a day for three days. Record setting heat of 103 amde people very thirsty and I made a fortune on shaved ice and cold bottled water. I have had people from all over the country tell me how much better my concession food is than other parks. Severeal people have told me my smoked pork loin sandwich is the best sandwich they ever had, anywhere anytime, at any price( thank you Dr. of BBQ)

The last day just before the tournament championship game was to be played, a father of a player collapsed to the ground, having a heart attack. His breathing had stopped, as well as his heart. My friend and helper happens to be an RN (he quit becuse of the emotional side of it) he came in and directed several people to do the things needed for them to do CPR. They kept this up for 10-15 minutes before the ambulance got there(the dispatcher had the wrong ballpark). This was all in front of hundreds of people, and his crying wife). They were able to keep his blood flowing long enough for the paramedics to get there, and he was revived after the defiblirater was used several times. He was breathing and talking to his family afterwords and he will be ok now with some medication and dieting ( no more giant brats I guess)I did not feel right about staying open and making him work longer after that, so we left quietly and quickly. When I started this business I had some picture of how it would be. Never did I imagine I would be seeing and being a part of something so heart wrenching as this. Man, do I love this business! I am so thankful and happy for this man and his family. Ed Byorick ownner Big B's Sidewalk Grill- Denver, Colorado

salsailsa

• Total Posts: 405
    RE: Big b's saves a life, for real. Mon, 07/17/06 6:17 PM (permalink)
    WOW! Kudos to you!

bassrocker4u2

• Total Posts: 534
      RE: Big b's saves a life, for real. Tue, 07/18/06 7:06 AM (permalink)
      great post! and great choice on who you hired.......

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
        RE: Big b's saves a life, for real. Tue, 07/18/06 1:58 PM (permalink)
        What softball park do you work out of? Maybe I can head down from Lafayette and make a toast to your colleague.

When did this happen?

Kudos to your employee!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
          • Roadfood Insider
          RE: Big b's saves a life, for real. Tue, 07/18/06 2:44 PM (permalink)

ED,
          Thanks for the report, and Congratulations to you and your assistant for the aid you lent to the situation.
          Pwing, If you do get down there, Tip one with Ed and His Nurse/Partner for the Mayor, Please !!

Pwingsx

RE: Big b's saves a life, for real. Wed, 07/19/06 2:59 PM (permalink)
            Will do, Mr Mayor.

EddyBees Dogs

• Total Posts: 187
              RE: Big b's saves a life, for real. Thu, 07/20/06 12:59 AM (permalink)
              I work at Kennedy Ballpark in south Denver. It is near I-225 and Parker Road. Kind of a drive, but I am driving to Lafayette for a festival later in September, so it's not too bad. We are working a tournament Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Thanks, Ed

Pwingsx

RE: Big b's saves a life, for real. Thu, 07/20/06 11:18 AM (permalink)
                Let me know when you're in Lafayette in September, and I'll come try one for the team!

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  RE: Big b's saves a life, for real. Thu, 07/20/06 3:02 PM (permalink)
                  Good on you and the help! More places need to acquire the civilian defiblirater that is so easy to use. We now have at least 2 per floor at work. I think all public places should have these available.

Mike, who was an EMT, Shell

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com