The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Sales and Profit Software ?

Dogs on Wheels

• Total Posts: 32
Sales and Profit Software ? Wed, 08/2/06 10:43 PM (permalink)
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here uses a software that helps track your sales and profit.
I just really want something simple.
I buy something at the store for the buisness, I type in the amount of the reciept, and then I type in my gross for the day and at the end of the week I have a net.
I know I can do it by hand but lets face it, Im lazy and tired after all the other crap involved. I want to try to utilize technology as much as possible.
Thanks.
Oh and if theres no software like this and sounds like someone could make a spread sheet like this I would appreciate someones help.
Im sure we can work some sort of trade or something for these services.
Who ever read this mess thanks
Chris

bassrocker4u2

• Total Posts: 534
    RE: Sales and Profit Software ? Thu, 08/3/06 8:13 AM (permalink)
    seems to me, that you could get by with quicken, or quickbooks. both available at sams for under a hundred $.

Dogs on Wheels

• Total Posts: 32
      RE: Sales and Profit Software ? Sun, 08/6/06 1:23 AM (permalink)
      Theres too much crap to do in those programs. Im looking for something a little more simple.Thanks for the help though

P

• Total Posts: 6
        RE: Sales and Profit Software ? Tue, 08/8/06 9:45 AM (permalink)
        I do not think you are going to find commercial software that is any simpler than quickbooks or quicken. I would suggest getting them and only using the featurs you want. I know people who use it for tracking expense in business exactly the way you want, basically you can go to the main page and enter money in and expense out and it will give you the profit.

The other thing you can do is explore the other features of the software, all the "crap" in these programs is there for a reason, it is amazingly useful for maintaining your finances. Start simple and then if you have some spare time just play around with the features. You will be amazed how that software can give you new insight into how you are spending your money and even how you are wasting your money. It is often hard to see small amounts of money getting wasted over time without something like this to track it, and as we all know a little bit here and there adds up rather quickly.

But if you really want super simple... make an excel spread sheet (or any other spreadsheet program) with three coloumns, one for what the item is, one for expenses and one for money in. At the end of the day or week sum up the expense and money in and then subtract expense from moeny in and you are all set. With the sum and math functions you will spend like 5 seconds crunching the numbers once you have entered the data.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com