The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

LoBello's Spaghetti House/Coraopolis, Pa.

buffetbuster

LoBello's Spaghetti House/Coraopolis, Pa. Thu, 08/17/06 2:33 PM (permalink)
I'm not exactly the most sensitive guy in the world, but this article that appeared in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette last Fall really touched me. It is about a woman who has worked at her family's restaurant for 61 years, along with the struggles and sacrifices she made to keep it going.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05296/592229.stm

The day after the article appeared in the paper, Rose was taken to the hospital for quite a while after a blood vessel ruptured in her brain. Luckily, after her recovery (she was soon making gnocchi and meatballs for the hospital staff), the restaurant reopened. And with the publicity from the article, I understand business started really picking up. I have been there around five times now and the food is terrific. She still makes just about everything from scratch by herself. And if you go eat there, she will undoubtedly come say hello and thank you for coming in. She loves talking to her customers! By the way.... the two things that she thinks are her best items is the gnocchi and the lasagna. Location wise, it is very convenient to Pittsburgh International Airport and I-79.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com