Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Places in Dallas

flattop5

• Total Posts: 113
  • Roadfood Insider
Places in Dallas Mon, 07/7/03 7:22 PM (permalink)
We will be visiting Dallas soon and have had two places (in addition to those already on the site) recommended to us: Dickey's and Soul Man. Anyone?

peppertree

• Total Posts: 301
    RE: Places in Dallas Mon, 07/7/03 8:40 PM (permalink)
    Brother's Pizza on Montfort. It is about 80% of a real NY pizza.

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
      RE: Places in Dallas Mon, 07/7/03 9:11 PM (permalink)
      Flattop, I would not bother with Dickey's. It's OK in a pinch if you're connecting through DFW, but it's not someplace I would stop while driving. As you've probably surmised through other threads, Sonny Bryan's in Dallas or Angelo's in Fort Worth are the places for BBQ. It sounds as if you've seen some of the other recommendations here, but post back if you want other recs.

I'm not familiar with Soul Man, so I can't speak to that.

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
        RE: Places in Dallas Mon, 07/7/03 11:44 PM (permalink)
        Go to these places and your tummy will thank you.

The original Sonny Bryans on Inwood between Lemmon and Harry Hines. Sliced brisket and great onion rings. Go before 2 pm or they may run out of meat. Use lots of sauce.

While in the area of Sonny's, for homemade root beer sweet and creamy, just like you remember, Prince of Hamburgers. On Lemmon Ave. east of Inwood towards Downtown, north side of street. You can't miss it. Just the Root Beer.

Great hamburgers are all over town. There is another thread on the board that mentions a lot of them. My favorites are Snuffers, on Greenville south of Mockingbird next to Granada Theater or in Addison on Midway just south of Beltline, great real fries too -- and Chips. Kincaids in Fort Worth is worth a try as is Adairs on Commerce in Deep Ellum.

The best breakfast, chicken fried steak, and yeast rolls in town is at the Mecca on Harry Hines just north of Northwest Highway. They close after lunch. This is the best meat and three place in town. Also good at Royal and Harry Hines is Mamas Daughter's Diner.

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
          RE: Places in Dallas Tue, 07/8/03 7:42 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by signman

Go to these places and your tummy will thank you.

The original Sonny Bryans on Inwood between Lemmon and Harry Hines. Sliced brisket and great onion rings. Go before 2 pm or they may run out of meat. Use lots of sauce.

While in the area of Sonny's, for homemade root beer sweet and creamy, just like you remember, Prince of Hamburgers. On Lemmon Ave. east of Inwood towards Downtown, north side of street. You can't miss it. Just the Root Beer.

Great hamburgers are all over town. There is another thread on the board that mentions a lot of them. My favorites are Snuffers, on Greenville south of Mockingbird next to Granada Theater or in Addison on Midway just south of Beltline, great real fries too -- and Chips. Kincaids in Fort Worth is worth a try as is Adairs on Commerce in Deep Ellum.

The best breakfast, chicken fried steak, and yeast rolls in town is at the Mecca on Harry Hines just north of Northwest Highway. They close after lunch. This is the best meat and three place in town. Also good at Royal and Harry Hines is Mamas Daughter's Diner.
          Hey, Signman, got any roadfood ideas for Lewisville area or between the airport and Lewisville?

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
            RE: Places in Dallas Tue, 07/8/03 9:31 AM (permalink)
            Sorry OneIron, I haven't been up that way. I Know a lot of shopping is there at Grapevine Mills. I think that there would be branches of some local chains like Spring Creek BBQ, which is pretty good. Maybe even a Sonny Bryans. Look at their websites.

I'd still urge you to try the Mecca. It's not that far out of your way.

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
              RE: Places in Dallas Tue, 07/8/03 10:01 AM (permalink)
              Oneiron, there's a place I used to eat at a lot for breakfast (they had this huge breakfast sandwich with sausage, bacon, eggs & cheese) called Coppell Deli. It's in the heart of Coppell, between Lewisville and DFW. Looking on the map, the main road is Bethel, and that's what it would be on, right in "downtown" Coppell (really just a wide place in the road).

It was a rustic little place that was usually busy. John Madden used to recommend this place when he did Dallas games. A few of the Cowboys were supposedly regulars here.

That area has exploded with development the last few years, and it's been a couple of years since I went to Coppell, so I can only recommend this place with the "disclaimer" that it may have changed.

If you happen to go there, I'd love to hear your "review" on what it's like now.

Hillbilly

• Total Posts: 992
                RE: Places in Dallas Tue, 07/8/03 11:48 AM (permalink)
                There are many good and varied restaurants along Beltline by Farmers Branch, Addison and on toward Richardson. Start with the old Roadfood '50s style Thelma's (great meat and 3 with outrageous carrot cake). East of there, go upscale and try Chamberlain's Fish Market and then a couple of blocks west of the expressway, still on Beltline, Chamberlain's Steak House. There are also good Chinese, Mexican and various other good places to eat between Thelma's and Chamberalain,s. There is also a good lunch spot(for chili, soups, salads and sandwiches) just south of beltline (at the corner of Alpha and Omega) called "Jenn's".

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com