The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

 Mini burgers at Burger King

Author Message
frogger67

  • Total Posts: 156
  • Joined: 8/29/2006
  • Location: Arlington, VA
Mini burgers at Burger King Wed, 08/30/06 5:24 PM (permalink)
Does anyone else remember these? None of my friends remember--they were around in the mid '80s and they were great.
Why do BK and MCDs always get rid of my favorite sandwiches (mini burgers and Yumbo at BK and Arch Delux and McRib at McDs?)
 
#1
    hatteras04

    • Total Posts: 1070
    • Joined: 5/14/2003
    • Location: Columbus, OH
    RE: Mini burgers at Burger King Wed, 08/30/06 10:52 PM (permalink)
    Burger Buddies? I remember liking them but they were not around that long if I recall.
     
    #2
      roossy90

      • Total Posts: 6695
      • Joined: 8/15/2005
      • Location: columbus, oh
      RE: Mini burgers at Burger King Thu, 08/31/06 4:03 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by frogger67

      Does anyone else remember these? None of my friends remember--they were around in the mid '80s and they were great.
      Why do BK and MCDs always get rid of my favorite sandwiches (mini burgers and Yumbo at BK and Arch Delux and McRib at McDs?)

      Maybe they werent good sellers?
       
      #3
        Oneiron339

        • Total Posts: 2075
        • Joined: 2/13/2002
        • Location: Marietta, GA
        RE: Mini burgers at Burger King Thu, 08/31/06 7:19 AM (permalink)
        Seems like everyone tries to horn in on other folks' success - BK Buddies, Ruby Tuesday minis, etc. But the Krystal and White Castle still prevail.
         
        #4
          Sundancer7

          RE: Mini burgers at Burger King Thu, 08/31/06 7:24 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Oneiron339

          Seems like everyone tries to horn in on other folks' success - BK Buddies, Ruby Tuesday minis, etc. But the Krystal and White Castle still prevail.


          Well said Oneiron. I certainly like the both of them. We only have Krystal in Knoxville but I believe White Castle has the better menu.

          The two of them is probably one of the most popular for late night revelers

          Paul E. Smith
          Knoxville, TN
           
          #5
            SassyGritsAL

            • Total Posts: 1089
            • Joined: 10/27/2005
            • Location: Huntsville, AL
            RE: Mini burgers at Burger King Thu, 08/31/06 10:22 AM (permalink)
            I live in Krystal Kountry and have never had a White Castle. I have a question though - I heard that when you order a regular White Castle it comes with onions and a pickle only. Krystal's come with onions, pickle and mustard. Is this true? I love mustard on my burgers and if and when I get to order a White Castle I need this info.
             
            #6
              SurrealGourmet

              • Total Posts: 93
              • Joined: 12/28/2004
              • Location: St Louis, MO
              RE: Mini burgers at Burger King Thu, 08/31/06 10:39 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by SassyGritsAL

              I live in Krystal Kountry and have never had a White Castle. I have a question though - I heard that when you order a regular White Castle it comes with onions and a pickle only. Krystal's come with onions, pickle and mustard. Is this true? I love mustard on my burgers and if and when I get to order a White Castle I need this info.


              Yep, White Castle burgers come with onions and pickles only. You have to ask for condiments. Mmmmmm...WC uses the horseradish/dijon mustard, too!
               
              #7
                SassyGritsAL

                • Total Posts: 1089
                • Joined: 10/27/2005
                • Location: Huntsville, AL
                RE: Mini burgers at Burger King Thu, 08/31/06 4:37 PM (permalink)
                Thanks Surreal, good info to know. Now I just have to find me a White Castle
                 
                #8
                  Oneiron339

                  • Total Posts: 2075
                  • Joined: 2/13/2002
                  • Location: Marietta, GA
                  RE: Mini burgers at Burger King Sun, 09/3/06 10:01 AM (permalink)
                  I don't think you'll find one in AL, have to go north. IMHO, Krystal is better, but I'll eat at WC if in the area.
                   
                  #9
                    Poverty Pete

                    • Total Posts: 2266
                    • Joined: 8/16/2003
                    • Location: Nashville, TN
                    RE: Mini burgers at Burger King Sun, 09/3/06 10:42 AM (permalink)
                    You don't have to go far north. I know you can get both WC and Crystal's south of Nashville.
                     
                    #10
                      Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

                      Jump to:

                      Current active users

                      There are 0 members and 2 guests.

                      Icon Legend and Permission

                      • New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

                      2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com