The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Vive La French Dip Sandwich

the ancient mariner

• Total Posts: 3987
Vive La French Dip Sandwich Thu, 08/31/06 4:21 PM (permalink)
About a month ago I did not know what a French Dip was. A Parisean pick-pocket? Who knew that here on Gulf Boulevard in St Pete Beach they served a great French Dip Sandwich. And, who knew that on Tuesday they were on sale for $4.79 at the Reef????

French Dip is a great big roast beef sam-itch on a hero, or sub, or whatever, roll. It comes with a side of slaw or---- if you like lots of starch in your diet---mac and cheese. AND---there is a little dish of hot beef broth, for dipping. It is yummy stuff. I don't know if this nectar of the Gods is known under other names, but it sure is goooooood.

By the way, The Reef is a Key West kinda joint with no view, but plenty of atmosphere. A bar, a few tables and a few booths and lots of good food and bottles of beer on the wall. If Boggy and Bacall were over in the corner and Walter Brennan came limping in to talk to them I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com