Chicken deep fried, pressure fried or pan fried?

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13475
2006/09/11 20:54:12 (permalink)

Chicken deep fried, pressure fried or pan fried?

I have had it al of the above. My personal preference is been pressure fried and then deep fried and then pan fried.

Mamaw Smith does it slightly different as she fries it to a certain point and then puts it in the over at a low temp and lets it brown. I like it that way also.

My personal best is pressure fried although I have always been afraid of a pressure cooker but it comes out brown and tender in a short time. I think that is the way the Colonel finally did his.

The rest comes down to preparation. Some dip in buttermilk and then flour spiced with their choice of amounts of salt,pepper, cayenne and other spices.

The next part is the gravy using the gugggles that remain in the oil to mix with the flour and and the guggles till you get a nice paste and then you mix to the consistency that you like. I like my chicken gravy to be a little brown with lot of guggles in them.

I gotta add one more comment regarding cole slaw. I like it chopped medium consistency, a small amount of onions, small amount of bell pepper, small amount of jalapeno, half a head of the slaw chopped, a little vinegar and alittle bit of lime juic, about a half a cup of coffee creamer and pepper to taste and I had a half of cup of sugar. Cole slaw has to meld in the frige for several hours to be go. Do not add salt until you need it on your plate.

Bisquits are a personal choice and however you make them must make you happy. I always add buuter to mine and the end of the process when they are getting toasty brown.

I slice the fried potatoes thin, mix in salt and pepper, lotsa of onion and slice bell peppers with jalapenoes and let them rip for about 45 minutes. They do not fry fast for me. I like them brown and mushy. Bacon grease always makes the best frying medium for me.

I can cook the chicken all three or four ways listed on top and it seems that they all work.

It will be interesting to hear some of the other thoughts.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

54 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1