Sir Pizza?

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
suz1998
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 34
2003/07/09 09:49:31 (permalink)

Sir Pizza?

Has anyone ever eaten at a Sir Pizza? I grew up eating their pizza for 20 years here in Winter Park, FL. About ten years ago they closed down and I have been searching for one ever since....
Very unique pie, paper thin crust cut into squares and the pepperoni was ground up like beef. Very fond memories of that place.....

127 Replies Related Threads

peppertree
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 303
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2003/08/12 16:56:42 (permalink)
    In the catagory of pizza gone... I remember Steve's Pizza in North Miami Florida. Their pizza was great and they had garlic rolls that almost were swimming in garlic juice. Spaghetti with meatballs and meat sauce every bite was heavenly.

They offered lunch during lunch hour with a slice, a moderate size bowl of spaghetti, a half dozen garlic rolls swimming in juice, salad and a soft drink for $4.35.

They ceased operation, not because of low prices, but because the neighborhood declined. I wish I could find them elsewhere. Does anyone know where they are in the Miami area?
    aimala66
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 100
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2003/10/20 12:53:52 (permalink)
    there is a sir pizza in rochester, mi. have never eaten there, nor do i know if it's part of a chain, but i hear it's good....
    conman
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2003/12/04 18:58:52 (permalink)
    I grew up in Winter Park and graduated in 1975. in response to the Sir Pizza, it the best, most unique pizza I have ever eatin in my life! Is there any chance in obtaining the name brand ingriedance uncluding the crust, or any info on a new location for any new locations for theses pizza parlors.
    The one on 17/92 in Winter Park closed and moved around the corner, across form the Winter Park Mall, on Webster ave.
    and called its self Pizza Supreme, however they have closed
    and have never had one since. anxiously awaiting a responce!
    , conman
    rodfortner
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2003/12/05 19:59:28 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by suz1998

Has anyone ever eaten at a Sir Pizza? I grew up eating their pizza for 20 years here in Winter Park, FL. About ten years ago they closed down and I have been searching for one ever since....
    Very unique pie, paper thin crust cut into squares and the pepperoni was ground up like beef. Very fond memories of that place.....
    rodfortner
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2003/12/07 22:25:01 (permalink)
    You can still get Sir pizza in Key biscayne Fla. Also there are 15 of then in Tennessee if you ever get up that way. You are right there is absolutely nothing like the taste of Sir pizza[;)
    quote:

rodfortner
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2003/12/07 22:29:11 (permalink)
    There is a sir Pizza in Key biscayne. The chain started in Muncie Indiana. There are 15 stores in the middle tennessee area they are the absolute best. We own the commissary that makes the ingrediants for 15 stores.
    quote:
    Originally posted by conman

I grew up in Winter Park and graduated in 1975. in response to the Sir Pizza, it the best, most unique pizza I have ever eatin in my life! Is there any chance in obtaining the name brand ingriedance uncluding the crust, or any info on a new location for any new locations for theses pizza parlors.
    The one on 17/92 in Winter Park closed and moved around the corner, across form the Winter Park Mall, on Webster ave.
    and called its self Pizza Supreme, however they have closed
    and have never had one since. anxiously awaiting a responce!
    , conman
    suz1998
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2003/12/08 19:59:53 (permalink)
    I was so excited to see that other people feel the same way about Sir Pizza as I do. It is a unique pizza. It brings back so many great memories. I think that what makes some of the best Roadfood destinations so special to people is the memories. I think I will have to make a road trip to Key Biscayne. It has been long overdue. My best friend reminded me of her favorite pizza at Sir Pizza, which was the "Royal Feast". Thanks to all for the input. Love it!!
    GaGal
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 24
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2003/12/15 23:43:15 (permalink)
    quote:

Oh, I hope you are still posting here. My husband absolutely ADORED Sir Pizza. We were working together in Atlanta, Georgia and that was our #1 favorite pizza ever! I would dearly love to know if they exist anywhere. Loved those little squares of pie and the sauce was terrific! We also loved their salads....great 1000 Island dressing. Oh, those were the good old days (60's - 70's). Carol Faver
    suz1998
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2003/12/17 11:00:45 (permalink)
    Here is a website I found. It's not much, but it does list some of the locations. Looks like a roadtrip for me real soon.......

www.sirpizza.com

sar-sp
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/01/13 14:09:27 (permalink)
    quote:

Here is a website I found. It's not much, but it does list some of the locations. Looks like a roadtrip for me real soon.......

www.sirpizza.com

I am the owner of the Sir Pizza in Siler City, NC. Thanks for your favorable comments. You make the roadtrip and lunch is on me.
    plb
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1036
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/01/13 15:19:43 (permalink)
    There are around 40 or so in Muncie and east central Indiana, but they go by the original name of Pizza King.

Pizza King is best known for using barbeque sauce instead of regular tomato sauce. My favorite: Supreme (everything) with barbeque sauce and extra cheese (cheese on top of, as well as under, the other ingredients), but hold the anchovies.
    suz1998
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/01/20 10:41:58 (permalink)

You make the roadtrip and lunch is on me.

You gotta deal!!
    Route 11
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 755
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/01/20 11:29:01 (permalink)
    I used to love Sir Pizza! I found an operational Godfather's on RT.11 (imagine that) in VA.
    Are there any Pizza Inns still out there?
    glumpy
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/01/23 09:09:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    I am the owner of the Sir Pizza in Siler City, NC. Thanks for your favorable comments. You make the roadtrip and lunch is on me.

Amazing!! I'm in Pittsboro--and yours is one of my favorite stops!

GaGal--you and I may have met--I got hooked at the Sir Pizza in SE Atlanta in the late 60's. Had given up on ever seeing them again until coming across the ones in Siler City and Asheboro near here in NC.

The morning radio guys gave some kudos to Sir Pizza on their show today (Chris & Chris) and decided they could live off that Royal Feast breakfast/lunch/dinner for 30 days they liked it so much. Mine was always the ham pizza--don't remember ever even looking at a menu after trying the first one!
    Sushi_Girl
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 228
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/01/23 15:06:42 (permalink)
    We have a Godfathers Pizza in gainesville, its pretty good. better than most chain pizza joints
    http://www.godfathers.com/splash.htm
    there is the website.
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 335
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/02/01 01:09:57 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by aimala66

there is a sir pizza in rochester, mi. have never eaten there, nor do i know if it's part of a chain, but i hear it's good....

The web site http://www.sirpizza.com lists the Rochester location at 290 W. Tienken Road, if that's what you're thinking of.
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 335
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/02/01 01:12:26 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by plb

There are around 40 or so in Muncie and east central Indiana, but they go by the original name of Pizza King.

Check out http://www.pizzakingindiana.com for more info!
    big hersh
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/03/03 19:16:52 (permalink)
    in case you haven't heard, there is a sir pizza about to open here in asheville, nc. it's actually in south asheville. from your descriptions i am anxious to try it. sounds like the kind of pizza i used to like when i was a yankee.
    NCgal
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/03/31 11:27:10 (permalink)
    I grew up in Elwood, IN and there is a fantastic Pizza King there, if you're ever up that way, and it was the best Pizza ever. I live in Asheville, NC now and we can't find any pizza as good as theirs was. Now there is a Sir Pizza opening here and we are VERY anxious. It seems it's taking forever! Where is Siler City, NC?
    quote:
    Originally posted by sar-sp

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<div style="border: 1px #999999 solid; background-color: #DCDCDC; padding: 4px;">Originally posted by suz1998

www.sirpizza.com

DLnWPBrown
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 832
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/03/31 18:20:03 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by NCgal

I grew up in Elwood, IN and there is a fantastic Pizza King there, if you're ever up that way, and it was the best Pizza ever. I live in Asheville, NC now and we can't find any pizza as good as theirs was. Now there is a Sir Pizza opening here and we are VERY anxious. It seems it's taking forever! Where is Siler City, NC?

quote:
    Originally posted by sar-sp

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<div style="border: 1px #999999 solid; background-color: #DCDCDC; padding: 4px;">Originally posted by suz1998

www.sirpizza.com

NCgal, there is a Sir Pizza in Asheboro on hwy. 64 near Wal Mart.

Dennis
    Rob Smith
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/04/14 00:11:47 (permalink)
    Hey! Just went back to the website and it's all a hunters green! Info is gone! Please tell the pizza magic isn't gone, too!!!!

I'm planning on swinging into a Sir Pizza I found in Tennessee in a few months! Stopped there 2 years ago and was shocked to find the pizza I remember from the Sir Pizza in the aforementioned spot in Winter Park, Florida.

Was lucky to have a neighbor who was one of the pizza makers, so we got special treatment! What a great place and my favorite pizza!!!!!

Just checking to make sure they are still open! For all I know CVS bought them out, too!
    nashvillejoe
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/05/22 04:52:01 (permalink)
    If you go to www.sirpizzatenn.com you can order Sir Pizza online and have it shipped to you house half baked by Fed Ex.

Nashvillejoe
    suz1998
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/05/24 13:10:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by nashvillejoe

If you go to www.sirpizzatenn.com you can order Sir Pizza online and have it shipped to you house half baked by Fed Ex.

Nashvillejoe

OMG!! I have been waiting for this for years..........I will check it out and let ya'll know how it turns out....I am drooling already!!

Tristan Indiana
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 328
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/05/24 14:27:35 (permalink)
    Pizza King rules! I was co-op student living in Muncie in the late 70s, working for a company well known for making glass jars for home canning. I lived on Pizza King's Baked Ham and BBQ sauce pizzas. Lucky for me it seemed that Muncie had a Pizza King on about every corner.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/06/02 22:28:28 (permalink)
    Glad I read this thread over a month ago. Lately I've been traveling to the New Castle/Knightstown Indiana area. Driving down south from Michigan I spotted one in Columbia City and told my brother I've read good things about them (Pizza King). So he said lets go! Well worth the stop! Service was fast and freindly, food was awesome (different and crispier then any pizzas in my neck of the woods).. Only bummer was it was Sunday and they couldnt serve beer 'cause they where too close to a church...
    Tristan Indiana
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 328
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/06/03 01:17:41 (permalink)
    Hi Vic,
    You're in my neck of the woods now. I live in Knightstown and worked in New Castle til I transferred to Indy last year. Pizza King is in about every city and town in east central Indiana with a population over 100. As far as selling beer on Sunday, you can't buy it in stores and can only be sold in restuarants if it is below a certain percentage of the total revenue of the establishment.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/06/06 05:41:56 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tristan Indiana

Hi Vic,
    You're in my neck of the woods now. I live in Knightstown and worked in New Castle til I transferred to Indy last year. Pizza King is in about every city and town in east central Indiana with a population over 100. As far as selling beer on Sunday, you can't buy it in stores and can only be sold in restuarants if it is below a certain percentage of the total revenue of the establishment.

Thanks Tristan... Heading back this morning to Knightstown (Lake Haven).. Ya, I used to live in Indianapolis about 10 years ago... Quite familiar with the Sunday rules.. ha ha.. But what I really hated was Election Days... ARGHHH... Well, you should know what I mean! Thanks! And ya, did even see a Pizza King on 3 down in New Castle! Plan on having another one this trip down!

ULVER
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 226
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/06/14 00:45:10 (permalink)
    Sir Pizza brings back really fond memories, here in Atlanta. The location in SE Atlanta, was the only one I knew of. Grew up down the street. The building still stands, complete with tattered, altered crown logo. Within walking distance of Sir Pizza there was also a Lum's which had great burgers and fries. Also a local eatery called Zesto's, which had great foot-long dogs w/ chili and slaw.

IPOC
    Junior Burger
    RE: Sir Pizza? 2004/07/02 19:35:34 (permalink)
    I am from Pompano beach Florida.There used to be a Sir Pizza on Atlantic Blvd,near the beach(intercoastal).This was back in the 70's,early 70's.I remember eating there alot,even if I was stoned,(lol).I loved their pizzas,the best around.Now I am stuck in this dead state of SC,only thing around here is Pizza Hut and Ciclys etc.The same old crap.I visit Pompano once a year.If anyone knows of any Sir Pizzas in or close to this area(Pompano),please let me know,Thanks in advance.
    Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1