Good "Mom & Pop" Italian on Cape Cod

Author
TwoJays
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 200
2006/09/17 15:14:59 (permalink)

Good "Mom & Pop" Italian on Cape Cod

During a brief visit to the Cape this weekend, my wife Jill & I (aka "TwoJays") got a tip to try "Villa Roma" in West Harwich. Jill was hesitant at first, thinking that it was a place in Dennis that she didn't like. After a bit of driving around, she confirmed it was a different place (the place she didn't like was "La Scala" in Dennis).

Villa Roma is a fairly small place, with a nice homey atmosphere. Harry, the middle-aged, pony-tailed host had all of the waiting parties under control and provided pretty good wait-time estimates. We sensed many of the folks waiting for tables were long-time customers, as several people told us it would be "worth the wait".

After our 20 minute wait, we sat and was served a hot crusty mini loaf of bread (more like a sub roll), along w/ butter, a little olive/mushroom plate and a delicious cheddar/jalapeno cheese spread. We had already visited another restaurant for a drink & an appetizer, so we skipped the appetizers here at Villa Roma.

Our entrees came w/ soup or salad, and we both chose the house salad. A very tasty salad w/ mixed greens (no iceberg), tomato, olive, crouton, paper-thin sliced red onion arrived, with fresh-grated parmesan cheese. House salads are not usually as good as this one.

Our entrees arrived, chicken parm for me and Bolognese for Jill. Both came w/ angel hair (I'm guessing they probably keep other pastas in the kitchen, but no other pastas besides Angel Hair/Cappellini were noted). The Bolognese was very hearty & tasty, though I prefer it served w/ larger noodles or w/ rigatoni. The chicken parm was almost as good my own. I could tell that it was freshly fried. Probably could've been pounded a bit thinner. The red sauce tasted good & fresh. I was more than pleased w/ our meal, especially w/ the portions, which will feed us again this evening here at home.

http://www.villaromarestaurant.com/

John

2 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1