The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

My Free Kettlecorn

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
My Free Kettlecorn Wed, 10/4/06 11:06 AM (permalink)
I had purchased Popcorn, Indiana Authentic All Natural Kettlecorn Popcorn (whew, what a name) at our local Walgreen's last week and found it to be the best kettlecorn in a bag that I have ever eaten. To me, it tasted like the kettle corn that you get at street fairs, etc. Very crunchy, crispy and just the right amount of sugar and salt. I have been back twice and purchased more bags. I logged on to their website www.popcornindiana.com and emailed them to tell them that I enjoyed their product. Well, about 4 days later I received a box with 2 free 12 oz. bags. What a surprise and joy. The bags that I had purchased at Walgreen's were only 6 oz. bags that I paid $1.98 each for.

Goes to show that if you enjoy a product (or don't enjoy it), speak up and you may get freebies.

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
    RE: My Free Kettlecorn Wed, 10/4/06 11:11 AM (permalink)
    I love when that happens....I am happy to email or call manufacturers and let them know what I think and it usually pays off in the form of coupons for free stuff.

doggydaddy

• Total Posts: 1847
      RE: My Free Kettlecorn Wed, 10/4/06 12:18 PM (permalink)

====Goes to show that if you enjoy a product (or don't enjoy it), speak up and you may get freebies.====

It does work both ways. I bought some Coca Cola products where even though the cans were perfectly sealed, they were half filled and flat.
      I wrote to them about it and received coupons good for a case of their soda.

My best story about free food products is one of my best. I was working at a food expo and directly across from the Hershey chocolates booth. I got to talking to them and the next day I brought in a copy of the original Hershey's cookbook that I got from my grandmother. When they saw it, they were amazed at how pristine it was, saying that it was museum quality. I said that was easily explained, as granny did not cook that much, well desserts at least.
      I told them that though I was a chef and not a baker or pastry chef, I did like trying to play with making desserts too.
      Within that week, I received every single product -ever- produced by Hershey, and I mean everything. Each item was at least a pound. It did take me forever to use up the 5lbs of cocoa powder...

mark

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
        RE: My Free Kettlecorn Wed, 10/4/06 7:55 PM (permalink)
        Neat stories yall!

I had an un opened Dr. Pepper bottel w/ a rat in it when I was a teenager. I didn't have sense enough to keep it and threw it away, daaa!
        Joe

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com